I love this car! But... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Guy Warrington
I love this car! But...

I've not been in contact for a while because I've been out having alot of fun in my car. It's the best thing I've 'ever' bought. Cheers by the way for the opinions on EB Spares and Desira!

I'm just fitting my Sony stereo at the minute and for some reason I can get power but as soon as I turn the actual stereo on it cuts out and back on again constantly until I disconnect it! Not sure if it's the stereo or the car! It was fine in my Punto. Since I tried fitting it the driver footwell light comes on when I press the brake!But with the roof light on it stays off! What's that all about!?! I was going to check the fuse but if I take out the interior light fuse which is also for the Code immobilisor will it bugger up the immobilisor? Bloody Italian cars! I still love them though.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
eek! eek!

maybe the original stereo was part of the CAN network? and now its buggered?
if so you would have to go to the dealer to make the CAN 'ignore' the stereo.

but i think you'd better wait for Jomor's advice, or Hoygaard! wink
AO Member
Sorry to hear that Guy.
I fitted a Sony into my phase1 just after I got it, and had no probs whatsoever, just a case of using the original plugs on the stereo loom, so dunno what's gone wrong there?? Maybe an idea to get a multimeter to it!
I doesn't sound like a fuse problem, 'cos the lights are still working......albeit randomly!!

What model is the Sony?
Guy Warrington
It 'was' the fuse afterall! As soon as I replaced it the footwell light worked properly again and my minidisc player worked straight away too! Still don't know why it went like that...and frankly I don't want to know! Keep that in mind though if it ever happens to any of you.

I gave the GTV a good run last night on The Snakes Pass (excellent road) to Sheffield with a mate behind in his Suburu Impreza WRX. He said it gave the Suburu a good run for it's money! Also said there was a few times he thought I was really going to lose it, but I have to say I was amazed how well balanced it was. I never once thought I'd gone in to a corner 'too' fast! Plus the sound alone in 3rd doesn't ever make you want to lift off! The fact my feet kept illuminating at certain times was a little distracting though, prior to fixing it!

Anyway cheers for the advice as always!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

car , love