Broken Drivers Seat - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Scott McI
Broken Drivers Seat

Anybody had any experience repairing the driver's seat in a GTV?

I was driving home last night when all of a sudden the seat fell back to the horizontal! Thought I had caught the clip at the side of the seat with my seat belt - unfortunately not, it's bust! Had to drive to work leaning over the steering wheel and probably looked like a 'ned' in the process!

Therefore wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and if so, what part do I need to get to get the seat fixed. This might save me a cramped 20 mile drive to the nearest Alfa dealership!

Sponsored Links

Reminds me of my second car (Red Orion). That had a driver's seat that would fall to the horizontal when you got out.

However, I knew it was coming 'cus one of the bolts holding it to the floor rusted through and I was too poor (first job) to get it fixed.
It took about a month for all 4 bolts to finally sheer off and the seat was basically free roaming. Made it very interesting whilst cornering, but it was somehow "cool" to me and my mates.

Had to get it fixed when I pulled up next to a family friend who happened to be the Traffic Superintendant! naughty
Scott McI
It wouldn't be so bad if only I had 6ft long arms!

Hopefully I can get to removing the back section of the seat tonight to see what's gone wrong - or more precisely, what's broken/snapped!!

Kinda glad I'm not at the stage your Orion was at yet! However, I could see the appeal of a free roaming seat (in my younger years!), must have been like being on some ride at a fairground! Would have liked to have seen your face driving up beside the Traffic Superintendant!

Surely I'm not the first this has happened to - or otherwise I really do need to lose some weight!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

broken , drivers , seat