Any advice on which GTV to purchase? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Any advice on which GTV to purchase?

Hi, I am new to this forum.
I have a 2.0L 164 at the moment, but an actively seeking a 2.0L or a 3.0L V6 GTV. I have been looking primarily at late '98 models as I understand that the GTV went through a face-lift in May '98.
However, I have found a '97 2.0L GTV which looks very nice. Does anyone have any advice on any variants or years that I should avoid etc?
Would this car be just as good to buy as a late '98 model, or should I sit it out for a late '98?
Kevin. (Leicester).
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Bristol
You'll get the new silver styl;e dashboard and nicer wheels on the facelifted model.
they are becoming so cheap at the moment that you can pick up a nearly new model for about £2.50!

the biggest depreciator is by far the 3.0V6... The garage that I bought mine from had a Y-plater with next to no miles which they would have sold for silly silly money (probably about 12-13k!!)
AO Platinum Member
Yep - Phase II.

It had the silvery dashbpard and the chromey grille and the painted lower bumpers and sills and the new wheels. Nice!

Ralf S.
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750GTV 147Lusso

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ralf S.:
<strong>the new wheels.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are those the ones which look like Teledials which have melted a bit??
They are my least fave Alfa wheels!!
Beautiful car though...

Has that been a helpful contribution?
Well I've sorta just gone through what you are. I was looking at few GTV 2.0 TS around where I live but then went and had a look at a 3.0 V6 (R plate '98) further away (130 miles). Well after driving that it was a no brainer for me, even though it was right at the limit of what I could afford I just had to go for it. It's now all mine and I'm well chuffed. It's a phase 1 and set me back 7,600 with less than 30000 miles on the clock. Gonna change the exhaust first and then the wheels once my (new) tyres are worn.

All I can say is get out there and drive 'em...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

advice , gtv , purchase