Alarm Remote Problem!! 2003 Spider - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 24-06-09 Thread Starter
County: New South Wales
Alarm Remote Problem!! 2003 Spider

Hi guys, I know there have been heaps of posts about alarms, keys and immobilisers so im sorry for adding another one!
It just seems that the issues everyone else has had is slightly different to mine.
My central locking works with the key, my car starts with the key. There's no flashing lights or alarms going off randomly.

First I thought the key's battery had gone flat so I changed it. Little red light on the key flashes, but no result. I don't have any way of turning the alarm on. I've been told it can be "reset" using the code card that comes with the car. Does this need to be taken to a garage to be done or is there a way I can do it myself? Just thought I'd check because i'm unsure about the UK but in Australia mechanics and auto electricians see us guys with Italian cars coming from a mile away!!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

GTV Cup 99

you can fix this properly by speaking to Abacus car alarms (google them). They know the meta alarm system in the alfa well and can reprogramm your unit and send you 2 new fobs and a key card for 100 quid.

If you only have 1 key fod, no backup fob and no key card. I would recomend you do this, rather than just look to get you one remaining fob working again.

regarding your problem though I do remember when I changed the battery on my fob I had a similiar problem. A dealership fixed it by doubling up the battery (putting 2 of those penny batterys ontop of each other) and by also giving the infra red bit on the fob a damn good clean) they didnt charge me for doing this.

Does the fob work if you use it like right next to the dector (near the central reversing mirror thing)

Cup Number 99

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

2003 , alarm , problem , remote , spider