Phase 1 car is the one for me, but it's gotta be black!
All of the following is a matter of taste and purley my opinion.
- Original teardrop alloys give a more classic 'Italian look' (these would be my wheels of choice on a p1 or p2 car)
- Early steering wheel is prettier, although it's just crying out to be rimmed in wood!
- Black dash looks sportier and more classic imo
- Black grille works better on a black car in a kind of 'de-chromed' understated way and besides, the black grille is an important part of a p1's identity if you like the idea of owning one of the early cars.
- I prefer the early leather seats with the logo on them. I also prefer the non pleated door cards on the p1's ...more sports car less boudoir!
- Black sills are not an issue on a black car
I like the p2 cars in thier own right, but I sometimes wonder if Alfa tried to 'over bling' them with a few frills that kind of spoilt the clean simplicity of the original design?
It's all down to preference at the end of the day and I doubt there will be much between the p1's or p2's values in 20 years time (p3's might be a different matter) and I like my early black P1 just the way it is