Bonnet warning light - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Bonnet warning light

For the last few weeks the bonnet warning light on my GTV has been coming on intermittently, however it now seems to be on permanently. The bonnet catches are fine, but (probably due to my poor technical knowledge) I canít seem to find any sensors to check or clean. Itís a real pain as I canít set the alarm as because it thinks the things open it wonít arm properly, or if it does it goes off a few seconds later. Any ideas.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Your bonnet shut sensor is wet. Has it been raining a lot back home recently? It just needs to be coated in grease, that keeps the water out. I had the same issue after I had my car steam cleaned, but tht was ages ago now, I can't remember exactly where the damn sensor is now - I'll take a look under the bonnet over the weekend and that will refresh my memory. Unless anyone here can give directions off the top of their head??

By the way, if you clean it all up with WD40, coat it with grease and it still doesn't work then you'll need a new sensor. Sorry, if that was a bit obvious, but I thought I should mention it for some reason...

Where has he been?
makes perfect sense -

probability is you`ll find it close to the bonnet latch up front (it usually needs a metal part to read properly if its a proxomity sensor)-
i dont think they used an optical sensor for such a task.
Thanks guys, I'll have another poke around at the weekend.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

bonnet , light , warning