I'm seeing 22-23 mpg. My commute is mostly congested motorway driving. I do have a heavy foot though & only have the 5 speed.
Since buying last year August and doing about 12K miles:
- preventative 450ish cam belt change,
- 450ish service+mot+window repair+new rear pads+discs,
- 500-600ish replacement shocks+springs+bumpstops,
- 450ish replacing wheels with Teledials (optional
- 200ish on tyres,
- 400ish insurance, (probably £3K-£4K on fuel),
- 100ish on badges, spark plugs, air filter,
plus spending about another £400 this week on replacing the rear bushes.
So excluding fuel and road fund tax, about £3K in a year !
Of that probably only £1900 can be attributed to keeping the car in tip top running condition. This should be much lower next year. I should also be able to recover some of the cost when I come to sell - I'll sell the teledials separately, and the fact that a lot of the "big" work has been done should mean that I can ask a higher price than I paid for the car.
I might sell soon - the price of Boxster Ss is at the point where it's a very tempting prospect. What puts me off is that I'm sure that one of these will be more expensive to run than the Alfa.