Starting to get a bad feeling now... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Starting to get a bad feeling now...

So after the rear window de-mister packed up (still stumped there by the way despite the help), this morning the central locking decided to play up. One blip to turn the alarm off, the doors unlocked only to lock themselves a second later?! Noticed the door locks were frozen solid so after a few minutes bathed in de-icer I tried again. This time I just managed to open the drivers door before they locked again. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? I can't be going through that everytime we have a frost.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

2007 Ford Focus!

Happens quite frequently to us too.Spray the locks liberally with WD 40 and use silicone on all the door seals.And make sure you dry the car thoroughly if you wash it on a cold winters day,otherwise it is impossible to get in umtil it has thawed!!!
Thanks for the tip, although I think now I may have a bigger problem. While inside, the missus decided she'd have ago at freeing the passenger side (you can see where this is going can't you?)
Now the door handel on the inside waves around in the breeze connected to nothing while the door remains locked. There goes my evening!
you broke rule number 1

Never let the missus touch your Alfa

actually thats the number 2

the number 1 should be never let her drive it!!!
Freezing door locks, pah, it's so cold here that your eyeballs freeze and the spit freezes in your mouth. Don't even think about taking an al fresco tinkle!

I have to chisel my 156 out of a solid block of ice every morning. While my girlfriend stands guard with a Polar Bear rifle
AO Silver Member
County: Kobenhavn

Member car:

156 GTA SW

Tell me Siro, What's this years PolarBear count so far ?

AO Member
Frozen locks? Ice? Snow? Forgotten about all of that...

Dead of winter over here, temperatures in the high 20's and the sun is shining, lovely! keep spraying that de-icer lads, I'm off for a dip in the pool!

AO Member
Ok Malta isn't as hot as Dubai, however its nowhwere EVER near freezing... however the remote central locking/alarm still plays up very often!!!

And of course, every time I passed by the Alfa Dealer to show him the mysterious occurences, the remote system works perfectly well!!! Which Sod's Law is that??

Anywayz now I resigned myself to simply opening the doors with the key whenever the remote just disarms the alarm without opening the doors...

However I'll try spraying WD40 etc as you guys suggest
Well I was all set to dismantle the doors when I got back last night, only to find the problem had vanished??!! Not that I'm complaining, just seems very wierd - welcome to the world of Alfa!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

bad , feeling , starting