Internal aerial - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Internal aerial

I am having problems with the aerial.

Sometimes it does not receive the signal well and it eats up too much power (voltage) when I start the engine (I 've checked it in a garage when I had problems with my car stereo. It consumes enough energy to wipe the memories of my stereo, so I have to reprogram it, taken the aerial of hook -no problem with the stereo-).

I am thinking of taking this b__dy thing out and use an internal one instead. No motor to lift it up, no air to bend it, nothing needing to pop up when I am driving fast (opps, I am not suppose to say that am I?)

Has anybody tried this already, any good brand that it's worth looking in to?

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

2007 Ford Focus!

There was a thread on about problematic aerials.
AO Member
When my factory electric antenna gave up the ghost I replaced it with an identical manual one - no elecrical problems - and I don't even extend it all, maybe just about a foot... I cldn't take that mobile-phone-repeater-antenna-look on the back of the spider any more!!!
AO Member

Member car:

147 2L T.S 3door

I've had a lot to do with this subject, as you can't use a normal one on a glassfibre car.
Don't get the cheap one thats bout 15 they are crap!
One of the best i've come across is the VDO Dayton one that is about 40 but it really does work plus it is one of the smallest i've seen.
Thanks guys,

Nobby, I haven't seen an internal Vdo Dayton aerial, but I will have a look in the Vdo site -I am a Vdo fun anyway- . The one I 've seen is from Bosh and they told me that the external in general is better than the internal. Have you tried it on your car, have you seen any differences on the signal (big, small) ?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

aerial , internal