rear speakers - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV 2.0 TS Lusso

Originally Posted by Trunka View Post

I had these recommended by someone on here. I am planning on purchasing them soon.

XT63II InPhase Audio

I fitted these about a month ago to re-upgrade my rear speakers. I'm the one who recommended them to you. You'll have to enlarge the predrilled holes for them to fit in the existing speaker support rods.

The trick to this, is to get the right holes by marking the holes on the XT63II speaker so that they are 11cm apart and get a drill and drill these holes to enlarge them. Once done you'll find that the speaker will fit/slot perfectly in on the passenger's rear speaker hole and support rods. For the driver's rear speaker hole it will not go down all the way but I've managed to get it in deep enough to apply all four screws and secure it. I then applied some foam material around to cover the air gaps and hey presto all done.

You may of course get alternative shallow mount speakers if you don't want all the hassle but I found sound quality and bass handling a big improvement from the JBL GTO 6528S which I had installed previously. So much so that I don't need to invest in a sub anymore

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Monmouthshire
Originally Posted by jus View Post
Awesome ta! Although I'm sure one of my socket sets has summat that wil get me in there. Of course the bolts are fixed aren't they, silly me. You're right there isnee much room to work in that area is there...!?
So the bolts are captive are they? they wont just drop down into the boot when you unscrew the nuts off?
(Post Link) post #78 of 78 Old 08-02-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
Originally Posted by cgc View Post
So the bolts are captive are they? they wont just drop down into the boot when you unscrew the nuts off?
Yes they are captive and the lil spanner we mentioned earlier is the only for the job really - you won't get anything else in there.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

rear , speakers