Powerflex bushes, are these the ones, plus a wishbone Q. - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

Rosso/Tan GTV V6

Originally Posted by Autolusso View Post
Call me a monkey or whatever you like, accuse me of peddling for work, I am not interested.

You have fitted one set of Powerflex bushes to your GTV at home on your drive, well done. To do this you had to cut the bushes down, you have not done the job properly.

We have fitted hundreds of Powerflex bushes to GTV’s and we never cut down the bushes as we know how to do the job.

I have no problem with people do there own work on cars but when they are being badly advised I have to say something.

Surely if the bushes were the wrong size Powerflex themselves would have done something about it, no?

It was a while ago that I did it, but IIRC the powerflex kit used to be (a long time ago) less of a tight fit, but then they added the washers to stop the bush getting chewed up. They never slimmed the bush down which is why they are now too big.

It's not a very elegant solution anyway, the car feels much better on original rose jointed parts.
Sponsored Links

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

bushes , powerflex , wishbone