Erratic central locking - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 02-10-02 Thread Starter
AO Member
Erratic central locking

Occasionally my car tries to lock itself immediately after I've opened it. If I press the door button and open the door before it has time to lock itself again I can get into the car, but the passenger door will have locked itself.

If I open the passenger door from inside all the doors will remain unlocked, but when i try to lock the car from the drivers door the passenger door won't lock again, so I have to lock and unlock the passenger door with the key until the system eventually rights itself.

This is getting a bit annoying as it is happening more frequently these days, at least once every couple of weeks. My car is Italian specification, the local dealer does direct Italian spec inports. It does not have a factory fit alarm or remote central locking.

I want to fit an aftermarket central ocking system (or the ALfa one if I can get the parts/part numbers) but I want to fix this problem first!!

Where has he been?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

75 LE

Passenger side is sticking when opening so locks itself again.
spray wd40 on the lock handle & central locking motor. (you'll need to remove the door interior trim.)
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 03-10-02 Thread Starter
AO Member
Thanks Toad,

Really glad somebody knows a fix, this thing's been bugging the hell out of me! I'll sort it out when I take the door panels off to fit my new speakers... Thanks again!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

central , erratic , locking