chipping - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Is somebody know if squadrachip has a good product?
Because I have an Alfa 155q4 and i would like to buy a chip for it.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

75 LE

Failing that, I'll be happy to meet you up there for a rip around!!!
I wanna come!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But I can't [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Forget the map, go to orpington, take the sevenoaks road following the signs for M25, as soon as you come on to a dual carraigeway, you're off. Nail it up to the junction to m25 and then back down again.
I know it well my Aunt lived in 7oaks & Otford. There are some superb roads round there.
As I well know, its the labour time that costs when it comes to working on cars.
With a Q4 your labour costs must be the same as some countries national debt

Having just changed my paper airfilter for a foam one I can say that it's well worth it, at £34 & It'll only need washing never replacing....Get the Paper out & Save the planet.
GTV 6 you lucky barsteward

[img]smilies/cwm29.gif[/img] [img]smilies/krakrani.gif[/img]
I’m very sceptical about induction kits if you ever look at them they sit in the engine bay with their own "cold air feed" (pipe from front of car usually) but this means that the cone is only going 2 suck in a proportion of cool air, the rest is going to come from under the bonnet e.g. hot, non-dense air which will actually hinder power. Plus your car sounds like a Max Power Nova. An interesting article in Autocar a while ago was about the Renault Clio Williams. One of the mechanics who serviced the cars said he had seen up to 10bhp power drop from fitting one of these induction kits!! Admittedly there is less room under a Clio’s bonnet so I would imagine a higher under-bonnet temp than an Alfa but the same rule applies. Most people are probably fooled by the extra induction noise and therefore think they have got more power... sorry yet to be convinced.
AO Silver Member

go for it!

the squadra chip is one of the best poruchases you'll ever buy. for the price it is, it's an amazing product... GO FOR IT!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider