Upholstery help - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 23-05-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: New South Wales

Member car:

1998 GTV V6

Upholstery help

I'm currently on a mission to fix every interior issue on my 1998 GTV and apart from a couple of missing plastic bit and bobs there is an (admittedly minor) upholstery problem staring me in the face every time I open the door - the leather has detached along one edge of the seat tilt lever. I can see a single screw that looks like it secures the lever assembly to the seat frame and I assume the leather is normally sandwiched into this assembly but I'm at a loss on any easy way to get the leather back where it should be.

Has anyone had the seat apart and can point me in the right direction??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3676.JPG (29.9 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
Re: Upholstery help

Had something similar on my sister's VW. The lever should detach either by a very firm pull, there's a metal clip with barbs that secures it, or there will be a locating screw of some sort. Once the lever is out of the way the surround will come away fairly easily by pushing in at the sides whilst pulling it. A very thin smear of a thixotropic adhesive (Evostick) on the inside face/edge of the leather and the edge of the aperture should be applied and when these are dry a firm push together will secure. Wear plastic/rubber gloves as the glue does just that to your fingers.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider