Subaru 2.0L vs GTV 2.0L - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Subaru 2.0L vs GTV 2.0L

Just drove my Dad's Subaru 2.0L automatic most of the way from Wales to Surrey. Then got in my 2.0L GTV & dove home to London.

The Subaru was spongey! (suspension & acceleration). I was so glad to get in the Alfa, I drove it like a maniac! Overtaking 5+ cars on teh slip road.... It's just so much nicer - the grip is way better (well, new Eagle F1s might have something to do with that ...) & the acceleration much more punchy. Even the brakes are mies better.

But it's the cornering I was really enjoying. Funnily enough, driving the rubbish scooby has given me a lot more confidence in the Alfas capability & made me throw it around a lot more.

Damn, I love my car!
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

2007 Ford Focus!

I drove the Spider,roof down this weekend,making the best of the Easter weather.I had`nt had a drive in it for a week or so and had been driving my Vectra SRI company car,everywhere previously.
The Vectra is not much slower,but the difference in the way the 2 cars communicate with you is huge.Whereas the steering on the Vectra is inert and heavy,the Spiders is light accurate and full of feel.On the Vectra the gearchange quality is really nasty and requires a slow delibrearte action,on the Spider the change is superb,light yet mechanical.The faster you change the better it gets.But the biggest difference is the engine.The Vectra goes well enough,but never wants to really go any further than 6000 rpm and sounds boomy and undignified in the process,whereas the 2.0ts engine in the Spider just has to be one of the nicest sounding,best mannered engines ever.I think it is this tactility which makes,Alfas.
Just goes to show that figures never tell the whole story and re emphasises the reasons why we love them.Those that don`t understand just can`t have driven one! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Some days you`re the statue and some days you`re the pigeon
agree Pete - Alfas are about feel and that manifests itself through the engineering (quick steering, the noise, the response, gearchange). Even if they're not always massively fast, there's as much fun to be had pottering about in an Alfa as there is thrasing them. Lovely stuff. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

04 147 GTA

I suppose..

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

20l , gtv , subaru