Water leak! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Water leak!

Drove my Spider through some standing water the other day and it wasn`t until I got home that I noticed the carpet around the locker box on the nearside of the car was very wet.As the inside of the hood was absolutely dry and has remained so despite the worst that the English weather can through at it ,it looks as though the water has found a way up from the underside.Indeed when I lowered the hood there was evidence of water around the hood mechanism.Is there a way that water could have been forced up here?Should I worry or is this likely to be a one off.If any of you techies could help it would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Founder of AO
County: Essex

Member car:

Maserati GTS

Hi, we recently heard fromsomeone that had the same proble whilst driving through Fords in the road in a 156, he says that the water comes in through his door rubbers. It can alsodo this whilst driving in very bad wet driving conditions. NOTGOOD

Lets hope we can solve yours.
Take your car to the dealer and ask them to check out for loose grommets under the body etc. Does the vehicle have aircon? as the drain hole for aircon can drain back into the car if it has been disturbed.
AO Member
County: Greater London
Be careful when driving through floods, sucking in water will kill your engine!!
Hi Numan

Yes the car does have aircon.Where is the drainhole?Also where are the rubber grommets you refer to located.The water appears to have found its way up around the rear bulkhead somewhere.I notice there might be some possible routes if you lift the carpet up under the rear deck where the roof sits when its folded down.Whats in this area? I`m looking for some suggestions so that I`m not fobbed off with the "I can`t find what you`re talking about!" syndrome when I take the car back to the dealer!
Andy E
I had a similar problem with my Spider just after i bought it, wet carpet in the footwell with no obvious leak. It turned out that i had a leak in the cooling system and water was leaking from the heater matrix onto the floor. You'll soon know if this is the case if the carpet doesnt dry out<font color="Red">Text

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

leak , water