v6 arrived.. a few questions - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 15-05-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: South Yorkshire
v6 arrived.. a few questions

hi chaps have just got my alfa 3.0 v6. A wonderful machine it is. Have got a few questions regarding it if anyone knows the answers please.

Im a short *** and find the momo seats a little on the low side, is it right the seat has no height adjustment or am i just blind and cant find a lever?

What is the best oil to use in the v6. I know you can use 10w 40 in most engines but i know the 0w 40 is better from cold etc. Is there a best reccomended oil to use?

It seems a bit blustery in the cabin, like the window isnt closed properly. When you put the passenger window down and back up again it stops the noise, but the drivers aside you can still hear wind slightly. Is this a common thing and something that can be easily tweaked?

Also i disturbed a connector for the airbag i think. I have a laptop with the OBD wire which i used on vagcom before to get rid of a pesky airbag light. Is this the same idea on the GTV, plug in and use alfadiag or something... asking because of all the different threads i saw crossing pins etc?

"You cant be a proper Petrolhead until youve owned an Alfa Romeo"

Last edited by dazgtv; 15-05-09 at 10:13.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

Alfa GT 1.9 JTDm

Re: v6 arrived.. a few questions

Congrats on getting ur V6,

Okay so some of your answers:

Seats not height adjustable - but to raise it up, im sure u can fit some spaces or washers and use some longer bolts.

You can use the 10w/40 but the other option is 10w/60 selenia racing/ shell racing/castrol RS spec oils.

Not sure about the alfadiag software never used it before.

Hope this helps.
AO Member
County: Dublin

Member car:

GTV 3.0 V6

Hey Daz,

Congrats on the new purchase! If you are experiencing wind noise it might be worth taking a look at this 'how to':

How To... Fix Wind Noise Issues on GTV/Spiders

very common on all the GTV's, just a bit of patience needed in adjusting the window.

If you are playing around with the seat height, it's worth disconnecting the battery in future first, as you have found out already, the airbag light is prone to coming on when the connecter under the seat is disturbed, but if you disconnect the battery you can simply unplug it. However you will need to do a reset via the diag port now (don't know which cables you need sorry).

Best of luck,
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 17-05-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: South Yorkshire

thanks a bunch guys. dug deeper on the forum for some advice with the OBD stuff, managed to modify my VAGcom wire to talk to the airbag circuit and got rid of that annoying airbag light

working on the other little things.

Loving the sound of the v6 too, its awesome!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

arrived , questions