Another 'What's it worth' thread.... 97 Spider TS Proteo Red
I'm looking at switching my Fiat Coupe N/A and Spider for a Fiat Coupe Turbo.
Therefore, I'm trying to work out how to price the Spider, so any help would be gratefully appreciated....
* R registered 1997 Alfa Spider TS (Phase 1).
* Proteo red.
* Phase II wheels. (Not the ones in the picture <<< I replaced them)
* About 95k miles on the clock.
* Currently tax and MOT run out end of May, but will probably tax, MOT and service before sale.
* Cambelt and variator done around 80k, if I remember right.
* All brakes replaced last year. Shoes and pads.
* All tyres about 50% tread, Goodyear Eagle SP1.
* New battery last week.
* Alpine Stereo.
Probably having it done by a valet bloke before sale, so I'll predict the outcome:
* 2-3 spots where the lacquer is peeling on the leading edge of the bonnet which he says won't be improved.
* Paintwork otherwise very good. Bumper resprayed last year, and looks good.
* Some of stitching on hood a little worn, but otherwise OK.
* Cloth seats, and a reasonable amount of wear on the drivers bolster. Can see sponge in spots.
* New radiator in last 18 months.
* New exhaust in last 18 months.
* About £1000 in front suspension work done in last 2 years.
* Couple of slight depressions on boot. (One on each side, so it looks like someone closed it a little hard. Not too noticeable)
The only known mechanical issue is that I think one of the front wishbones is slightly bent, causing a slight tendency to go to the left.
Hope this is enough to go on !
1. Can anyone suggest a suitable starting price?
2. Would you try and sell via this forum?
3. Where else would you post? (Pistonheads? Autotrader? E-Bay classified? Regular E-Bay?)
4. Would you bother service, MOT and tax before sale, or leave it to buyer?
5. Would you bother valeting for £120?
If the value is really low, I might just swap Coupe for Coupe, but thought I'd check out sensible prices first !
Thanks folks for your help !
Last edited by SpiderNewbie; 14-05-09 at 17:08.