sunroof removal - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 05-04-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Angus

Member car:

gtv v6 & 159 ti

sunroof removal

had a quick look but couldnt see another thread or "how to". car is going in for a respray in a couple of weeks and i was wondering how hard/easy it is to drop the sunroof? any links or help would be much appreciated!
Sponsored Links

Member car:

1996 GTV

Re: sunroof removal

You need to remove sunvisors, interior light, grab handle, front pilllar trim(clip on),interior trim around sun roof push-in clips at rear to carefully remove the roof lining from the car without creasing it !! through a door. you will then see 4 or 6 nuts that hold the complete electric sunroof assembly in place. Dont forget to unplug the electrics at the front. If you remove it as a complete assembly you should not need to readjust anything when you refit it. I suggest you have a second person to help you -it's quite a heavy unit. You may need to buy new covers for the grabhandle and new push in clips for the rear of the roof lining. If you need more info there is a link somewhere in this forum to an electronic copy of the workshop manual.
Let us know how you get on - I have got to change my sunroof , the existing one is faulty!
Good luck

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

removal , sunroof