What special tools are required for cambelt job on 2001 2.0 TS? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 02-04-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
What special tools are required for cambelt job on 2001 2.0 TS?

I have a squeaky tensioner pulley, think that the bearing may be on the way out?

What tools are required to do this job? I see the cam locking blocks advertised on shop4parts, but I assume you need other special tools to re-tension the belts etc.? What about the auxiliarly and balancer belts? Are any special tools required to remove/replace these belts? What about the various pulleys?

I'm not going to do the work myself, but my mechanic, who has wortked on the V6 and has all the tools for that, says he has to buy a kit of tools to work on the 2.0 TS, and it will be around £180. We do not have an Alfa dealer or Indie here on the Isle of Wight, and it costs me loads on the ferry, and a day off work if I take it over the water.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: West Sussex

Member car:

Re: What special tools are required for cambelt job on 2001 2.0 TS?

if the guy has to buy cam locks and this figure of 180 is to do the job including belts you are not being robbed, in fact plenty of owners would travel to the isle of fright to get the job done at that price!! especially as your alternatives could end up costing you more.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

2001 , cambelt , job , required , special , tools