After a recent meet a fellow gtv owner had an autodelta? (Kit maybe I think) and it was just a piece of pipe which cost him £100 plus. Got me thinking I reckon I could make that......
So I got started and removed both air boxes after the AFM, the section I replaced is marked with a yellow box on the pic. I needed a replacement section of pipe 8cm inner diameter and 11cm long so off I went to B&Q, RESULT! I found a perfect fit, a section of under ground drainage pipe which was idea as no modifications to this new section.
On the second air box marked with a blue square once you remove this section leaves an issue as a hole is left. Simple solution cut box 1 end off marked with a red circle fits perfect in the hole left over from the 2nd box.
So just have to tidy it up, I ordered a carbon fibre decal which I stuck to new piece of pipe.
I was seriously impressed!! lot quicker pick up faster in the rev range and am really sure I was changing gears quicker and the extra sound is great!!, I have only finished it tonight and the roads were wet so cannot totally confirm result.
£4.75 Carbon Fibre stick thingy
£4.99 B&q pipe
Used all the same clips
I have only done a small test drive 10 miles or so but when in 6th at low revs 1500 rpm feels slightly lumpy compared to normally. But I think once the AFM and ECU talk to each other a bit more another 50 miles or so, but really please with the results.
P.s pics taken were off a moblie and in the dark so not great quality