I have an intermittant problem on a late 01 2.0 Spider.
The problem manifests itself as follows:
1) the passanger side window won't close fully when the door closes
2) upon fiddling with both the drivers side window switches for a while it eventually closes properly
3) Now the same issue is happening on the drivers door window (slightly different, it doesnt drop the small amount when the door is opened, making closing the door a problem)
4) Today this progressed one step further, while stopped with the handbrake fully on the roof refused to operate (i.e. open). eventually for no apparant reason this rectified itself and the hydraulics worked flawlessely (suspect the issue was something to do with the switch in the car)
5) When the roof was closed later today the same issue started again with the door windows...... Eventually I just shut the car off and came back in about 20 mins and everything worked again.
Wondering is there a common, fuse/ relay (possibly overheating) that could be causing this kind of problem?, all help appreciated.....