Advice please - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 14-03-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Surrey
Advice please

I am due to go and play in the sand for six months, and I don't know what to do with my 99' GTV V6.

I have a garage so she will be dry which is good, but my problem is that I was going to book her in for belts and fluids at the start of april as 63k has just passed. I go away either end of june or early july, is it worth waiting till I get back and then get it done? Also, the worst thing for alfas in my experience is lack of use, what can I do to help things? Don't want to have to get new brakes all around when I return.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Greater London
Re: Advice please

When I bought my Spider in July 07, it had been sitting for a few months. The tyres hadn't been inflated properly and a couple of them had warped into fifty pence pieces. Also, the front disks had apparently also warped. Best thing to do is put it up on axle stands. Not sure about your main question but I wouldn't want to waste 6 months of new belts.

Better still is that you bring it round to me and I'll make sure it gets used regularly until you get back

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider