At the alter of AutoLusso...
Hi everyone - its been a while...which means the last few months have been trouble free!
Before I regale the full story, I'd just like to chip in and say thanks to Ned and the chaps at AutoLusso - yet again they have excelled themselves and I would have no hesitation in recommending to any alfa owner.
In brief, OSF wheel had been humming for ages, which I put down to 50p tyres (Eagle F1's) rather than wheel bearings. Turns out I was right, but upon closer inspection the local franchisee found over £2200 of suspension work (including new tyres - Pirelli P6000's...yuk) that needed to be done.
A Saturday surgery up with AutoLusso a few weeks later showed that the car was unfit for the road, which left the Mrs in a bit of a pickle. The guys managed to sort her out with transport (not a normal service, I think) until the work was carried out.
1) The Mrs was very comfortable at AutoLusso, which is a big plus - a lot of places can be quite off-putting to the fairer sex.
2) The car is now powerflexed!
3) Ned managed to supply Michelin Pilot Sports (OMFG...throw those F1's out now!)
4) the 60k service was also carried out
5) All other suspension work was carried out
6) The car is sooooooooo sublime to drive now
7) All this...and £1k cheaper than the main dealer - almost half the cost for better parts, a longer lasting repair and a service.
Admittedly, part of the difference lies in replacing the rear bushes instead of the whole sus arm (£600 + vat + lab for the pair), but even so!
So, a massive thanks to AutoLusso for a stellar job.
Last edited by nu_groove; 12-03-09 at 08:53.