Bargin or no Bargin? [Re-Spary] - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 28-02-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: New South Wales

Member car:

2003 Spider JTS

Bargin or no Bargin? [Re-Spary]

Hi guys,

I just got a quote from my local panel beater to sand down primer and re-spray my front and rear spoiler (bumper) the roof cover thing and the massive spider bonnet for $1400 AUD thats 631.56 Pounds for all the brits on here .

I figured the bonnet alone would be like $1000 since its so big, is this a good deal because I have booked it in for 2 weeks to be done as there all going pink on a 5 year old 2004 spider (red).

I know these guys are good as they re-sprayed my old Convertible Toyota Celica and did a damn good job.

What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Re: Bargin or no Bargin? [Re-Spary]

hey month my P1 gtv is having the same done for 300euros,so around £280,but labour is cheaper here so i expect it to be more in the UK. However i woudnt pay £631.56 for it! maybe things are more expensive down there!

EDIt: i have just re-read your thread! it isnt what im having done!sorry! im having the 2bumpers done and the side sills! Eventhough you are having the Bonnet done i think its still alot in UK prices...
AO Silver Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

If they did a damn good job on your old car, and you want the same level on your Spider, then as far as I'm concerned that price is fine for a job you can be sure will be good.

Depending on the bodyshop – and especially their location in the UK – prices vary by hundreds. Think I paid £250 cash in hand for my front bumper 4 years back, so by all means see if cash gets you a lower price, but if you want a good job and you trust these guys I'd just pay that amount.

Ex '99 6-speed 3.0 V6 GTV, now Z4MC
AO Member
County: Gloucestershire

Member car:

GTV V6 & C220CDI

Sounds there or thereabouts but we get variations on prices in the UK so it's difficult to say if it's a fair price from the other side of the world! I'd ask about to find another recommended paint shop and get a price from them as a comparison.
In UK I had bonnet, door, rear wing & boot sprayed for £400 which was a keen price. Good luck.

looobz.. your price sounds ok but I might be inclined to have the whole car done if you could afford it, you'd be a bit sad if the rest of the car faded in 12 months time.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

bargin , respary