Where are the rear screen demister terminals? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 24-02-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Essex

Member car:

916 GTV 2.0 TS

Where are the rear screen demister terminals?

Evening all,

I've just ordered a new fusebox (now £125, plus a new brake reservoir, and door handle spring, and I need a new front and rear badge at somepoint... ) and before I fit it I want to make sure there are no faults in the rear screen demister circuit.

Plan A was to disconnect the rear screen, check for continuity between the supply and earth with the circuit off, so that any harness damage causing a short circuit would show up. However, I can't find the terminals. Are they at the bottom of the screen, or behind the C-pillar trim?

Any other ideas for a quick check? I've looked at the connector behind the glovebox, and there was no damage. Only symptom was 30A rated 'boiled sweets' deposited in the footwell, and a rather melted fusebox.

As ever, any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 479
County: Norfolk
Re: Where are the rear screen demister terminals?

Bad news, the terminals live right at the bottom corners of the screen, I don't know if can access them by removing the boot trim and lying on your back looking up, I think that they are a pig to reach??

I have just had my rear screen replaced as a terminal had came adrift from the screen, The garage tried to resolder the tag but had to remove the screen in order to do so, You might be able to reach up and carry out you continuity checks.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

demister , rear , screen , terminals

« Hi! | gtv on ph »