Spotted a GTV/Spider? who was it? - Page 81 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 33Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Status: -
AO Member
 
Rikster74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroni View Post
I know this isn't the right thread to say goodbye but seeing as i've been on here for a few years i'd like to say a really big thank you to everyone who's ever wished me luck or helped me with my GTV over the years, to the people i met last year at the Trafford Centre too... you're all great people. I've finally sold my GTV, i'm off to Australia soon so won't be needing it. Love and best wishes to all you Alfanuts.... keep the faith. Love BARONI.
Good luck mate, I may be following you soon as well. Looking at moving to Brissie as my parents and sister are there already. I think I will take mine with me though as Alfas cost a fortune over there (at least twice as much as here). Where abouts in Brisbane? My sister is really on the Gold Coast, nearer Surfers in a place called Currumbin Waters.
Rikster74 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: Deleted
AO Gold Member
 
jillyflower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Peterborough, Cambs
Posts: 10,976
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroni View Post
I know this isn't the right thread to say goodbye but seeing as i've been on here for a few years i'd like to say a really big thank you to everyone who's ever wished me luck or helped me with my GTV over the years, to the people i met last year at the Trafford Centre too... you're all great people. I've finally sold my GTV, i'm off to Australia soon so won't be needing it. Love and best wishes to all you Alfanuts.... keep the faith. Love BARONI.
Good luck Baroni, I remeber you saying some time back that you were selling her to go to Oz.
jillyflower is offline  
Status: -
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Buckinghamshire
Posts: 3
Last thursday silver Spider on the promenade road in Cannes anybody here .( I was strolling in the sunshine )
Major Tom is offline  
Status: Brisbane here i come!
AO Member
 
Baroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lancashire
Posts: 164
Images: 6

Member car:

99 GTV 2.0 LUSSO

Thanks Rikster.... i'm moving to Kangaroo Point, just on the bend of the river, i'd love to take the car but finances won't allow it :-(... I know the Gold Coast really well, but have to say, the sunshine coast does it for me.. all the way up to Bundaberg... all the best pal!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikster74 View Post
Good luck mate, I may be following you soon as well. Looking at moving to Brissie as my parents and sister are there already. I think I will take mine with me though as Alfas cost a fortune over there (at least twice as much as here). Where abouts in Brisbane? My sister is really on the Gold Coast, nearer Surfers in a place called Currumbin Waters.
Baroni is offline  
Status: Brisbane here i come!
AO Member
 
Baroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lancashire
Posts: 164
Images: 6

Member car:

99 GTV 2.0 LUSSO

Many thanks Jillyflower.... and thank you for all your lovely messages....i'm gonna cry now!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyflower View Post
Good luck Baroni, I remeber you saying some time back that you were selling her to go to Oz.
Baroni is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Leicester
Posts: 171
Images: 14

Member car:

'03 GTV V6

Right, quite a list. two gtvs last Wednesday morning, firstly a Silver jts at fosse park leicester which looked nice. Then a red ts in stoke which was very tatty. This morning two spiders, first one in grey heading south bound m1 j21, then a silver spider on the A50 around Derby both looked very smart although in both cases I was racing down the opposite carrageway
Snoot is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Rikster74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroni View Post
Thanks Rikster.... i'm moving to Kangaroo Point, just on the bend of the river, i'd love to take the car but finances won't allow it :-(... I know the Gold Coast really well, but have to say, the sunshine coast does it for me.. all the way up to Bundaberg... all the best pal!
Well good luck, I got a quote for taking my bella yesterday, just over a grand. Once its there should be worth twice what it is here so I am defo going to take it. Started the ball rolling on the Visa to - last remaining family member, should be a sinch to get in. If I do get over I will look you up.
Rikster74 is offline  
Status: Make it so no. 1
AO Silver Member
 
Mr Dunamis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lancashire
Posts: 5,888
Images: 1
Garage
What looked to be a very nice zoe Spider on the A56 at Gorse Hill this morning at 7.15 , not sure if it was a TS or a V6.

Last edited by Mr Dunamis; 12-04-11 at 20:01.
Mr Dunamis is online now  
Status: Mangia bene, vivi felice
AO Silver Member
 
gtv73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Norfolk
Posts: 1,300
A zoe yellow spider on the A14 near Cambridge at around 2.30pm heading westwards towards Newmarket direction, I was on the opposite side going towards Cambridge.
gtv73 is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Berkshire
Posts: 95
Silver GTV coming into Bracknell on the Wokingham Road at around 4:45pm yesterday.
Waved, nothing in return.
Driver was a blonde haired lady.

Just prior to that got a wave from a blue 156 sportwagon.
Burtonpj is offline  
Status: Looking forward to weekend
AO Member
 
siandsue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 32

Member car:

GTV Cup

Red GTV, possibly Cup in Eynesbury, St Neots at 7 am today. Seen you before in same place so must be a regular commute.
siandsue is offline  
Status: Deleted
AO Gold Member
 
jillyflower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Peterborough, Cambs
Posts: 10,976
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtv73 View Post
A zoe yellow spider on the A14 near Cambridge at around 2.30pm heading westwards towards Newmarket direction, I was on the opposite side going towards Cambridge.
THAT WAS US

Afternoon pop over to Cambridge to the camera shop
jillyflower is offline  
Status: Mangia bene, vivi felice
AO Silver Member
 
gtv73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Norfolk
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyflower View Post
THAT WAS US

Afternoon pop over to Cambridge to the camera shop


Just caught a climpse of you as I was in the outside lane doing 70mph ish taking my 35mm Nikon Camera's just to get a value for insurance (FM3a's and FM2n's) was looking in Cambridge for a nice Nikon digital camera.

Wasnt impressed by the service and might have to go to the specialist shop in Westminster to get a good one.
gtv73 is offline  
Status: Deleted
AO Gold Member
 
jillyflower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Peterborough, Cambs
Posts: 10,976
Images: 8
I'm going to sit you and Roger in a corner of the pub on the day of our run and you can talk cameras all day
jillyflower is offline  
Status: now skint
AO Member
 
fastwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Merseyside
Posts: 10

Member car:

BLACK GTV 2.0

nothing in my area apart from i picked up a red gt on the a570 followed it to st helens

ps feeling left out
fastwheels is offline  
Status: Deleted
AO Gold Member
 
jillyflower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Peterborough, Cambs
Posts: 10,976
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastwheels View Post
nothing in my area apart from i picked up a red gt on the a570 followed it to st helens

ps feeling left out
Bless......((((((HUGS))))))
jillyflower is offline  
Status: Mangia bene, vivi felice
AO Silver Member
 
gtv73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Norfolk
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyflower View Post
I'm going to sit you and Roger in a corner of the pub on the day of our run and you can talk cameras all day


Nice one love taking good photo's when I'm away on hols or doing other things

Look forward to meeting you and Roger

Cheers
Sean
gtv73 is offline  
Status: -
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Berkshire
Posts: 1

Member car:

Spider 2.0 Lusso

Not Happy

Well after Tuesday it won't be my Y plate red 2.0 TS Lusso, normally seen at the side of the road in Maidenhead! Finally had enough of it constantly breaking down (mainly due to electrical faults), doing weird things (yes, I know they all do that) and costing me an absolute fortune so it is getting part-exed after 11 months of stress. My 4th and worst Alfa.
spiderlady1 is offline  
Status: Deleted
AO Gold Member
 
jillyflower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Peterborough, Cambs
Posts: 10,976
Images: 8
Spotted today just too many spider and gtv's to mention individually.....well apart from one beautiful zoe yellow one from Cornwall, belongs to Mr and Mrs Alfasrus....Great to meet you both....lovely bella





p.s. lets make that 'splash of yellow' come real
jillyflower is offline  
Status: Mangia bene, vivi felice
AO Silver Member
 
gtv73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Norfolk
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyflower View Post
Spotted today just too many spider and gtv's to mention individually.....well apart from one beautiful zoe yellow one from Cornwall, belongs to Mr and Mrs Alfasrus....Great to meet you both....lovely bella





p.s. lets make that 'splash of yellow' come real
Too many to mention, thats not like you jillyflower.... Bless...
gtv73 is offline  
Status: now with betterbrakes and new wheels!
AO Member
 
alfas are us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cornwall
Posts: 71
Images: 22
Wave Bristol

Nice to meet you and put faces to names. Saw some really great cars. Always a good day out there. We'll definitely have to get together again.
alfas are us is offline  
Status: Mangia bene, vivi felice
AO Silver Member
 
gtv73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Norfolk
Posts: 1,300
Saw too many today at Duxford

A really good day
gtv73 is offline  
Status: SAGA(Sad Alfa Gits Anonymous.)
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
guiliasuper's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 643
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Kent
Posts: 3,428
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyflower View Post
Spotted today just too many spider and gtv's to mention individually.....well apart from 2 ZOE YELLOW ONES @ Duxford




p.s. lets make that 'splash of yellow' come real
These Zoe Yellows are common as muck At least 4 of them today

Great meeting you & Rodger today
guiliasuper is offline  
Status: Deleted
AO Gold Member
 
jillyflower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Peterborough, Cambs
Posts: 10,976
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtv73 View Post
Saw too many today at Duxford

A really good day
You were at Duxford???? Where?? Why didn't you txt me? Ah.............. OooOps
jillyflower is offline  
Status: Deleted
AO Gold Member
 
jillyflower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Peterborough, Cambs
Posts: 10,976
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiliasuper View Post
These Zoe Yellows are common as muck At least 4 of them today

Great meeting you & Rodger today
OoOOh'er ...cheeky young thing

Great to meet you Andrew
jillyflower is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
gtv or spider , spotted

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome