Spotted a GTV/Spider? who was it? - Page 29 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 31Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Wrexham
Posts: 2,844
Images: 6

Member car:

GTA Shed wagon

There was a Cup at Alfatune, St Helens this afternoon. I did ask Gus what number it was but my brain has turned to mush I think it was 40 something? Very nice with quad Ragazzon back box
rmaxeman is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
(Post Link) post #702 of 4286 Old 18-11-09 Thread Starter
Gaz
Status: Please look after this possum
Regional Support North
Is there a meet near you?
 
Gaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Behind the wheel
County: Lancashire
Posts: 62,406
you shoud have stuck around to hear that one Rich, sounds amazing. even better than mine!
Gaz is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
benje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 458

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

A GTV Cup yesterday morning at around 7:30am on Junction 10 of the M6
2 yellow spiders today, one in Great Bridge, another I think on the M40 (I was in a daze whilst driving today )

A maroon one at BMW Cowley today parked outside the Mini building (never actually been in that one!)
benje is offline  
Status: No longer have a Spider but miss this forum!
AO Member
 
ChristopherF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater London
Posts: 396
A dark green (British Racing Green, it looks like - surely not on an Alfa) Spider on the A41 near Bushy going north - looked like it was wearing a space-saver spare (either that or had one wheel painted red)
ChristopherF is offline  
Status: -
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Hertfordshire
Posts: 107
Images: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherF View Post
A dark green (British Racing Green, it looks like - surely not on an Alfa) Spider on the A41 near Bushy going north - looked like it was wearing a space-saver spare (either that or had one wheel painted red)
One of our customers cars on the way to us - he's just arrived
Proalfa is offline  
Status: Looking for a BMW 330D...
AO Gold Member
 
Starkers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brighton.
County: Good old Sussex by the sea
Posts: 11,265
Images: 2

Member car:

The train :(

I pulled alongside silver spider, on an 02 plate, at the north end of St. Peter's church in Brighton this morning and we exchanged nods (I think he was wearing tweed and for some reason, I found this impressive...).

He headed off towards Hove and I did my usual route up the A23.
Starkers is offline  
Status: No longer have a Spider but miss this forum!
AO Member
 
ChristopherF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater London
Posts: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proalfa View Post
One of our customers cars on the way to us - he's just arrived
First time I've seen that colour on a Spider. Not sure I like it - would look good on a TR4
ChristopherF is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
thebutty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lancashire
Posts: 174
spotted mr baroni in his sarcastic gtv wednesday morning, you turned off at rammy, you got sick of the traffic jam i think. I was 2 cars behind you!
thebutty is offline  
Status: some1 plz buy my 156
AO Member
 
my 1st alfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 190
Images: 15
going on a bit of a treck tomorrow and i will be waving like a crazy looatic at every thing italian!!
my 1st alfa is offline  
Status: Brisbane here i come!
AO Member
 
Baroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lancashire
Posts: 164
Images: 6

Member car:

99 GTV 2.0 LUSSO

Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebutty View Post
spotted mr baroni in his sarcastic gtv wednesday morning, you turned off at rammy, you got sick of the traffic jam i think. I was 2 cars behind you!
Hey Ste!...you're right mate.... got sick of the jam, turned off, got to the top to turn right towards Bury and it was flooded so ended up going over the tops past Owd Betts and through Heywood to work....what a nightmare!!...didn't see you behind me.??...you in the beast???...how's the airflow meter?.... questions questions... where can i buy some decently-priced front wheel bearings?.....
Baroni is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Chris Type R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Hertfordshire
Posts: 246
Parked behind a BRG IIRC P reg in the Stevenage Fujitsu carpark yesterday. Looks like it needs a wash
Chris Type R is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
thebutty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lancashire
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroni View Post
Hey Ste!...you're right mate.... got sick of the jam, turned off, got to the top to turn right towards Bury and it was flooded so ended up going over the tops past Owd Betts and through Heywood to work....what a nightmare!!...didn't see you behind me.??...you in the beast???...how's the airflow meter?.... questions questions... where can i buy some decently-priced front wheel bearings?.....
i did the same as you but instead of going over owd betts i just rejoined the jam and ended up behind you, nightmare journey! Airflow is behaving put it that way!, You could try car and garage shop in haslingden, they always seem to be cheap enough for me and usually get the parts same day.
thebutty is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Somerset
Posts: 15

Member car:

Alfa Spider 24v

Hello mate!
I've been trundling up and down that Minehead road a couple of times a week recently (got a girlfriend who lives in Dunster). I'm in a blue '02 plate 3L spider. Was behind a silver GTV for a few miles the other day. Don't 'spose that were you??
Martin_E is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
javars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Somerset
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_E View Post
Hello mate!
I've been trundling up and down that Minehead road a couple of times a week recently (got a girlfriend who lives in Dunster). I'm in a blue '02 plate 3L spider. Was behind a silver GTV for a few miles the other day. Don't 'spose that were you??
May have been me, whereabouts was it ?
javars is offline  
joeydawson
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Javars, was that your gtv in cannington alfa dealers a day or so ago?? look bloody gorgeous!! pretty sure it was a P2 V6...
 
Status: -
AO Member
 
javars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Somerset
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydawson View Post
Javars, was that your gtv in cannington alfa dealers a day or so ago?? look bloody gorgeous!! pretty sure it was a P2 V6...
Yeah that was me Joey, Was having a coffee and a chat, Thanks for the comment !
javars is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 725

Member car:

GTV V6 Turbo

S70GTV wandering into work this morning just outside the Centre for Life Newcastle - Very Nice
vela blue is offline  
Status: MOT killed MAF
AO Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Sussex
Posts: 67

Member car:

3.0 GTV

Blue GTV in Chichester heading to East Wittering, has that 2.0 TS whine, lovely!
steves916 is offline  
Status: No longer have a Spider but miss this forum!
AO Member
 
ChristopherF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater London
Posts: 396
2 Silver Spiders today; 12.30 parked Eastern Esplanade Southend; 3.15 parked Finsbury Road London N22
ChristopherF is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Somerset
Posts: 15

Member car:

Alfa Spider 24v

Quote:
Originally Posted by javars View Post
May have been me, whereabouts was it ?
It was just a mile or so before Halford.
I'm Spider-less for the next few days...
It's with that new alfa garage in Ilton (Bensport) having the roof sorted out - so I'm trundling around in a nice little light blue 147 they were kind enough to lend me.
Martin_E is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
javars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Somerset
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_E View Post
It was just a mile or so before Halford.
I'm Spider-less for the next few days...
It's with that new alfa garage in Ilton (Bensport) having the roof sorted out - so I'm trundling around in a nice little light blue 147 they were kind enough to lend me.
No not me Martin, but I'll keep an eye out, I live in Cannington. Steve
javars is offline  
Status: Goodbye bella...
AO Member
 
Scheimann's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Berkshire
Posts: 192
Images: 18

Member car:

GTV 2.0

Well Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Type R View Post
Parked behind a BRG IIRC P reg in the Stevenage Fujitsu carpark yesterday. Looks like it needs a wash
yes, yes - i'm lazy lately, but travelling up twice a week from Bracknell to Stevenage with this rain doesn't help either.

I'm off to cleanyourcar to order some more kit!
Scheimann is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
The Johnson UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Surrey
Posts: 147
Here's a good one - I was driving back from Dover to Southampton on Friday night, been in Belgium, France and Netherlands for a week and hadn't spotted one GTV.

All of a sudden, I spotted a GTV Cup or Cup-a-like ahead of me going a fair lick. Wanted to get closer to see if I could spot the Cup badge or not and basically this ended turning into a 100mph+ convoy for about 15 miles or so.

He/She occasionally pulled into the slow lane on the dual carriageway to let me take the lead for once, but the old Twinny took so long picking up speed that the other GTV had to pull back into the fast lane to avoid slow moving traffic.

Nevertheless I was happy to tail a dozen feet or so behind until I had to pull off at the Southampton turn, gave the GTV a flash of the lights as i indicated off and saw the hazards flashed once to acknowledge.

Great fun and certainly made the journey back more fun, particularly through the thick fog and after a GTV-less week!

Anyone on here? If it is, kudos to you - and can you confirm if it's a Cup or just a damn nice looking GTV? Oh and if it is a 2l or 3l v6? The speed you were accelerating felt like it was a v6!
The Johnson UK is offline  
Status: 100% Alfa Free :(
AO Silver Member
 
groovylee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Bedfordshire
Posts: 4,097
Images: 77

Member car:

A Motorbike ;)

black GTV on the A10 going towards Buntingford tonight, didn't really get a good look as i was testing the loud pedal at the time!! did flash my hazards a few times though, anyone on here??
groovylee is offline  
Status: Brisbane here i come!
AO Member
 
Baroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lancashire
Posts: 164
Images: 6

Member car:

99 GTV 2.0 LUSSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebutty View Post
i did the same as you but instead of going over owd betts i just rejoined the jam and ended up behind you, nightmare journey! Airflow is behaving put it that way!, You could try car and garage shop in haslingden, they always seem to be cheap enough for me and usually get the parts same day.
Cheers mate.... is that shop on the main rd in Haslingden?
Baroni is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
gtv or spider , spotted

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome