Spotted a GTV/Spider? who was it? - Page 28 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 31Likes

AO Member

County: Hampshire

Member car:

Not a lot!

Saw a red GTV coming off at J8 of the M25 today, and going along the A217. VRN was: S999 GTV (might have been a different first letter)! Surely somebody on here!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Greater London

Member car:

Alfa Remeo GTV

spotted a blue spider, same colour as my GTV (see pic) Blackfen roundabout, just past halfords! i was behind u so i dont think u saw me! quite a way back!

i will get a wave and a flash 1 day!!!
AO Member

County: Lancashire

Member car:

99 GTV 2.0 LUSSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren156 View Post
Saw a grey Ph1 GTV with the old wheels, and then saw a red Ph1 GTV with big 17" looking wheels, both near Aztec West roundabout in Bristol.

Also, Baroni, is that Sargassi Green I see...?
It is that Darren... the guys up here call it sarcastic green.... lovely colour im sure you agree...!!
AO Member

County: Berkshire

Member car:

GTV 2.0

Wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugar View Post
Hi Guys

I moved down to Bracknell to start work at Fujitsu. I kept seeing a green GTV, who I think was going to the Waitrose warehouse. Unfortunately I was walking at the time and since I've bought my Spider I've not seen it.

Is that any of you guys?
yo yo... that's probably me in my beautiful P1 GTV in amazing green i work @ Fujitsu which is opposite the Waitrose warehose. Where you at?
AO Member

Member car:

Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheimann View Post
yo yo... that's probably me in my beautiful P1 GTV in amazing green i work @ Fujitsu which is opposite the Waitrose warehose. Where you at?
I'm at that Fujitsu building too, I'm on the second floor East in Problem Management.

Pete
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 1.9 JTDm

9.50am Apex Corner to Sterling corner A1, Silver GTV 3.0 V6 on a V reg, came up alongside and got a friendly nod, anyone from AO
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Remeo GTV

9ish A20 london, going towards london i was goin out of. Silver GTV looked like a V6 but not sure. looked lovely no time for a wave tho only just saw u!
AO Gold Member

County: Peterborough, Cambs
Zoe yellow spider - JUST LIKE MINE!!!! Spotted on the Yaxley to Farcet (Peterborough) road this morning at about 10.30.....................parked up in a garage FOR SALE. Must go back and have a look; might be sad and park mine side by side and do a pic!
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherF View Post
about 1200 gtvs rather than 700 spiders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkers View Post
There are far too many silver Gtv's around...

I had a nod, yesterday morning from the driver of a W registered 3.0 V6 (in silver, naturally - the car, not the driver). The car came out of Patcham on to the A27 slip road and headed towards the roundabout at the bottom of the A23.
Silver private plate GTV parked up in central-ish Harrow this morning about 9.30 - didn't notice the road name as I was being driven and not paying attention.
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

Gtv

Saw a silver spider using the hoover to clean their car at a total garage in leighton buzzard! Prob saw me in a black gtv??
AO Member

Member car:

159 Ti

HI Baroni,
Not sold her, I couldn't part with her and changed my mind! so could be me as well and met Schimenn ( bet I spelt it wrong) a few times now
Nomis

Silver PH3 GTV in Grantham yesterday just after lunchtime. You were waiting on Springfield Rd heading towards the London Rd junction, I was heading the other way. I did look and nod. Anyone here??

AO Member

County: Lancashire

Member car:

99 GTV 2.0 LUSSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGTV View Post
HI Baroni,
Not sold her, I couldn't part with her and changed my mind! so could be me as well and met Schimenn ( bet I spelt it wrong) a few times now
Hey mate!...fantastic news!!.... i was shocked and saddened ( and almost turned to drink! ) when i heard you were getting shut..... Glad you are able to keep her...must admit...i've been loving mine since the new engine in August...fingers crossed.... just need to do a wheel bearing as it sounds like a 474 taking off!!!
ps. Bracknell is the HQ of OPERATION 916!!
AO Member

Red GTV last night about 7.15 @ junction of Pages Lane and Colney Hatch Lane London N10. I think you were behind me as we both turned into Alexandra Park Road (not easy to see out of a Spider in the rain!) - I then turned left into Muswell Avenue as a police car with its siren on came towards us. it was a cr*p night for travel - my 45 minute journey home took 85 mins.

Last edited by ChristopherF; 14-11-09 at 15:40.
AO Member

This could be construed as being a bit off-topic, but sort of relevant to this thread. I was wondering if anybody would know (a) how many GTV's were originally sold in the UK and (b) how many have not been crashed trashed or scrapped and are still "on the road". Notwithstanding the painful cambelt service and new disk brakes all round ( reasonable at just under 800 squids from Ned at Auto Lusso ) and the poor fuel consumption compared with newer vehicles, I'm finding mine to be rock solid, rust-free, fun to drive, good looking and (dare I say it) reliable. I could see mine lasting for many years to come before needing major work. I'm looking forward to it becoming a modern classic before I finally wave goodbye to it. It would be nice to know how many are still "alive". I've just gone over 100K and have heard tell of GTV's with 150K+ on the clock, still on the original engine.
AO Member

County: Wiltshire

Member car:

Citroen C2

Been wondering for a while now whether the owner of the blue P1 GTV who lives round the corner from me is a member... Cloudberry Road in Swindon?
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend john h View Post
This could be construed as being a bit off-topic, but sort of relevant to this thread. I was wondering if anybody would know (a) how many GTV's were originally sold in the UK and (b) how many have not been crashed trashed or scrapped and are still "on the road". Notwithstanding the painful cambelt service and new disk brakes all round ( reasonable at just under 800 squids from Ned at Auto Lusso ) and the poor fuel consumption compared with newer vehicles, I'm finding mine to be rock solid, rust-free, fun to drive, good looking and (dare I say it) reliable. I could see mine lasting for many years to come before needing major work. I'm looking forward to it becoming a modern classic before I finally wave goodbye to it. It would be nice to know how many are still "alive". I've just gone over 100K and have heard tell of GTV's with 150K+ on the clock, still on the original engine.
A useful starting point is to go to JayDH's sticky at the top of the 916 forum or click this link that I prepared earlier Official 916/946 UK Registrations - Alfa Romeo Forum
AO Member

Black 01 reg GTV with teledials and boot spoiler parked Muswell Avenue London N10 about 1.15 today. Anyone here? We're neighbours!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Z4MC

OK, went to Banbury this weekend and spotted a few...

1) Red Spider on the M40 norhbound on Fri night. Number plate started with 'SPY'.

2) Red spider parked up on a drive in Banbury.

3) What looked like a red Cup on a driveway in one of the main roads in Banbury (not too far from the Sainsburys).

4) An S plate Vela Blue V6 driven by a female (rare) on the southbound M40 today... not sure if I've seen her at Alfa Aid before actually...
littledigger

passed a silver GTV on Bury New Road at about 2.30 today, i pointed at it, but i was in a green mini so may not have seen me. anyone off here?

AO Member

County: Leicestershire

Member car:

GTV

Blue Spider in Wigston on Friday morning - I flashed and waved to the lady driver. She smiled. not sure if it was out of pity or as aknowledgement
AO Member

County: Orkney Islands
Kirkwall, Orkney GTV's

Quote:
Originally Posted by vela blue View Post
Green Phase 1 GTV Spider - Kirkwall, Orkney

Must be about the only GTV or Alfa over in this neck of the woods!

Waved but missed eye contact - c'est la vie
i know that car!!! yeah have just taken a red GTV over here just on the boat last night!!

so i think thats 3 GTV's here now.
AO Member

County: Oxfordshire

Member car:

GTV Q2 Cup 110

Quote:
OK, went to Banbury this weekend and spotted a few...
Markos, the Cup is mine - well spotted....
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donmeado View Post
Markos, the Cup is mine - well spotted....
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa166man View Post
i know that car!!! yeah have just taken a red GTV over here just on the boat last night!!

so i think thats 3 GTV's here now.
I will be up in Skye sooner or later as my daughter and 3 (soon to be 4) grandkids are there so look out for me.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
gtv or spider , spotted