How to Guide: Phase II,III Centre Console Removal - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Originally Posted by looobz View Post
Hi Guys,

I changed my CD player today and came on here to find a guide but I couldn't find one, I was scared to try it incase I broke a clip but I did it slowly and it worked out fine.

I took some pix so I thought I'd write up a little guide.

Step 1.

Simply pull up the grey plastic around the gear stick, just use a bit of force nothing will break, and unclip the little clip around the top of the gear stick that hold the leather in place.

Attachment 59009

Step 2.

This will then expose the 2 gold screws directly under the CD placer, remove them.

Attachment 59010

Step 3.

Around each of the 3 air conditioner controls is the black grip surround piece, get a good grip and pull it off towards you.

Attachment 59011

Attachment 59012

Step 4.

Next get a good grip of the edged around the clock (centre dial) and pull down and out, it feels like you are about to break something but don't worry you wont.

Attachment 59013

Step 5.

Pull the entire centre console towards you exposing the stereo and other clips for the ASR. Hazard and fog lights.

I used this picture as a guide to plug them back in the correct order, as they are not colour coded on the the rear of the plastic.

Note: The middle white plug for the hazard: note which direction it is in, mine had a orange wire on the far right. If you put this in upside down you will hear a very loud electrical buzz and blow a fuse.

Attachment 59014

Hope this helps anyone out, it was very scary doing this when I started as I said a fear of snapping a clip and something sitting loose, but all was well. Good Luck!

this is a very helpfull topic, but still I have some questions.

Because a squirrel has used my spider as a warehouse for his wallnuts, I want to remove all carpets. Can you tell me how to remove the rest of the central console (the two bolds in the storage compartment behind the armrest) and how to remove the carpet behind the seats (especially the upper one).

Please can you help me?
Sponsored Links

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

centre , console , guide , iii , phase , removal