Re: Has anyone viewed this car
Couple of points:
1) Get it independently inspected.
2) Pay particular attention to the suspension front and rear,
especially rear bushes.
3) Get them to check the oil cooler pipes: these are notorious for
rusting at the oil cooler end and engine end. Not a cheap fix.
4) They say clutch/belts replaced one month ago. Look at the original
invoice, make sure belt/tensioner/pulley replaced, ideally OE parts.
If they don't have proof, walk away.
5) They say car as 'ESP' stability programme. This is rubbish!! Only
introduced on Phase 3 cars from 2003 on. This alone would make me
suspect they know nothing about these cars, and puts into
doubt everything else they say.
Finally don't be taken in by the price and the looks (the 'red style' interior for instance is rare and looks great). You will pay many times more than the asking price if it's a lemon. Get it fully checked out by a professional and go from there. Good luck.