Gear Vibrations... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Wave Gear Vibrations...

Hi all!
was in my car today in 5th gear and had my hand on the gear stick and noticed quite a bit of vibration through it,i held my hand close so i wasnt putting any pressure on it and its still there. In 5th it seems to be always there whether im accelerating or not...the other gears are fine apart from 3rd when i accelarate. 5th is worse,.i cant hear anything from the gearbox and clutch seems ok,bitting point is a bit high bit not near enough to be that....
Any ideas at all??i havent checked gearbox oil,could be that,is there a dipstick in a 98,phase 1,2ltr twinny?
thanks to all that have contributed to my threads so far,awesome forum....
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: West Sussex

Member car:

Re: Gear Vibrations...

probably linkage assembly not the gearbox, also 5th gear is on the outer end of the gearbox and can often be repaired in situ in most cases so no need to worry.

cool cheers for that. which part is the linkage assembly?!sorry for being dumb! anyone who can shed some light with a description and likelly cost would be great!! also will it just "go" or grind even more?unmovable if it does?

sorry just gonna "bump" this up!! really currious!sorry for being a pain in the a**e

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gear , vibrations