2.0 GTV BMC CDA Induction kit - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Berkshire

Member car:

I've got a CDA on mine. I went from a stock to a stock with just the filter replacement and then fitted the CDA box.

My setup looks like darren's basically the box is sitting right at the front of the car and has no pipe for the cold air intake it just has the threaded part that the pipe is supposed to go onto.

Personally, I haven't had a problem with drop of torque or power. Note though that my car is also chipped so this might make a difference.

When I changed to the CDA it was one of the most noticeable changes I made to the car. I now find that the car pulls at the standard 'variable point' of approx. 2800rpm and then it gets to 5000 and pulls hard again and the engine note hardens further. I found it had more torque and more power with the CDA it made a *much* bigger difference than the chip. Oh and it makes an awesome noise. Especially when you just floor the throttle it gives a huge sucking noise and then rasps... Lovely.

The filter on it's own in the original box made hardly any difference - slightly different noise...

Oh and cone filters are pants they just loose power because they eat warm air from the engine bay.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Gauteng

Member car:

GTV 2.8 Turbo

Originally Posted by Alfie GTV View Post
Took my CDA off aswell.Looks tacky and lost with all the original bits gone (and less power). Now just use a straight pipe inplace of the resinator box and a K&N direct replacment filter.Much better and cheaper.
Listen to this wise man.
If you want noise get the CDA if you want real improvement just get a replacement filter.

Look at the size of the OE filter and air box that can flow enough for a 3.2 and then look at the silly little CDA.
AO Silver Member
County: -
Chaps and chapesses, I hereby present to you my €5 induction mod - not the prettiest, but I dont care - you could very easily make it a lot prettier without much effort - my car is very much function over form at the moment anyway.

Its been on the car for about 6 months and hasnt given any problems - noticeable improvement in induction noise and low down pick up too

-1998 916 Spider 2.0TS Lusso-
H&S Corse stage 1.
CATCAMs stage 1 cams with Savali custom ECU remap.
305mm discs with 166 4-pot callipers.
Ragazzon exhaust mid section.
Biscione Racing 2x70mm rear section.
Polybush suspension.
17" Zender Siena wheels with 3mm rear spacers.
etc etc etc!
AO Member

Member car:

I've already replaced the resonator with a nice shiny pipe

I think I'll go for a CDA personally, if the noise is good and performance from a ts is pretty average anyway

I just need to decide what to do with the breather,

-throw a filter on the breather nossle

-find a replacement pipe(the one closest to the throttle body) as mine is broken and the quick fix won't last forever

-have a pipe going to a breather tank with filter on top

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

bmc , cda , gtv , induction , kit