1982 GTV6 Buying - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 20-12-08 Thread Starter
County: New South Wales

Member car:

1982 Alfa GTV6

Wave 1982 GTV6 Buying

I thought I'd leap into the Alfisti and buy a classic '82 GTV6. I have found a one owner '82 plated car (Australian delivered), with what appears to be 109,000kms and books, but the synchro on 2nd is gone. Is this a common problem and if so, what is the typical cost for repair? I don't wish to over capitalise on the car, given that everything else seems to be well above average (yes, zero rust!). I am guessing that once the gearbox is out, then a full rebuild would make sense, or can the synchro(s) be repaired on their own? All the other gears/synchros seem great, and the shifts (for this car) are quite solid and not at all like a "big spoon in a bowl of porridge". Please help, as I really want this car for all its other attributes, but don't want a huge bill once I have this (and probably other smaller issues) fixed. While I'm here, what other particular aspects should one look at when buying this model GTV6? Thank you!!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: South Australia

Member car:

Re: 1982 GTV6 Buying

hi i own a gtv6 and 2nd gear synchro problems are extreamly common in most 80's era alfas becuase of the rear mounted gear boxes.

I had mine fixed a while ago but im unaware of how much it costed me but that would be first on the priority list if u end up buying it.

Look out for rust under the wheel arches and along the boot channel and all other little places where dirt or water can get in.

If your looking for a reliable car the gtv6 wouldnt be ideal concidering my experiences, owning a gtv6 can often be an expensive experience. any way good luck and if you get it than be sure to post some pics:P

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

1982 , buying , gtv6