help again - styling and wheels - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 30-11-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

help again - styling and wheels

Ok guys many thanks for the help on the last thread but I've a few more questions... if you dont want to know the background I'll summarise my queries at the bottom of this post, if you want the background I'll fill you in!

Basically my girlfriend always wanted a sporty car as a weekend toy so i decided for xmas I'd get her something, however I am on a budget. After hours of looking i found a nice 2000 GTV with red leather, however it wasnt perfect. As it is going to be a presnet I want it to be right so I'm investing a little money to set it straight. All electricas are being checked and fixed (nothing ages a car like broken electrics), I am also getting stone chips and parking dents pulled and resprayed.

No I like to keep cars standard however my GF like most girls is a sucker for a bit of bling, not chavtastic but a little garish. So thus i'm getting a cup front spoiler and a rear spoiler fitted.

Now the car comes with standard 16 inch alloys, however nothing has a big effect on a car as wheels, it sets the whole tone of a car and can change an average looking car into something really special. I would love to fit a set of bittet split rims from image but at 2 grand a set they are worth more than the car so I am thinking:

Borbets type A's - these are 16 inch and a bit chavey but are also bling
Borbet type CW (I think) - wouod go for 17 inch on these

So firslt should i go for 16 inches as per standard for do 17 inchers fit ok and would they impar the performance, which i dont want.

secondly can anybody recommend a good stylish sterring wheel which will compilent the interior, the standard i think doesnt suit the plush finish.

Do 17 inch wheels fit ok with no detremental effect to performance
what are your thoughts on borbet type A
what steering wheel

Many thanks
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: West Sussex

Member car:

E82 125i

Re: help again - styling and wheels

defo needs at least 17 inch lookswise, but for the 2.0 anything bigger than 17 will probably slow it down noticably.
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire

Member car:

'01 GTV 3.0V6

Agree with Phil. 17" are needed, but bigger IMO would compromise ride, handling and acceleration too badly.

Show us a link to a pic of the wheels you have in mind.

Don't change the steering-wheel - you'll never get an airbag to work with a different one.
AO Member

18 inch rims do not compromise any of the above imo.
AO Member
County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

Rosso/Tan GTV V6

^^^ Agree with Gold. Don't put less than 17's on, and Golds MAK wheels work well, as do 19" BBS CH's (look amazing).

Borbet type A - Well each to their own, but I don't think they compliment the looks of the GTV.

Most steering wheels look really odd/horrid in the GTV. The main problem is the quite large column behind the wheel, that the standard wheel covers quite nicely. If you could stretch to one, I'd grab one of these and swap the badge!
AO Member
County: Herefordshire

got say mate Borbet type A i really dont thin they suit the car. the're more suited to fake ferrias. by all mean's go with the 5 spoke. but maybe thin of another choice.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

styling , wheels