Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: United Kingdom
How to turn off Auto AC when starting car.
I've been asked a few times by owners how to do this since a thread was posted regarding AC some time back.
It shows this procedure on page 107 of the owners manual:
- ignition key at STOP;
- set temp (1) knob at MAXIMUM HEAT;
- set fan (2) speed knob at 0;
- set placement (3) knob to FACE (furthest anti-clockwise);
- turn ignition to MAR (don't start engine;
- operate fan (2) speed knob in following sequence:
AUTO-0-AUTO-0 (allowing AUTO time to turn on fans)
- move ignition back to STOP
If this doesn't work you've switched from 0-AUTO etc too quickly. The fans MUST turn on before you return to 0 each time.
To return to auto setting just repeat the above method.
I hope this helps Alfa owners who, especially at this time of year, don't want the AC turning on every time they turn the bloody key.
With reliability will ultimately come monotony.....