GTV carpet replacement - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 06-11-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Berkshire

Member car:

159 Ti

GTV carpet replacement

Hi All,

Has anyone attempted this yet? is it a big job??

The carpet in mine is really light coloured and now water marked and dirty so I want change it to black carpet or something??

I guess it will be a full days work & all the seats out etc??

also & tips on where to buy it?? seen some on good old ebay on a shop that sells the floor mats , think it was about 40 + p & p they say its cut to right size & shape aswell

Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
Re: GTV carpet replacement

If you want pukka AR carpet you'll probably have to go to a pukka AR dealer.. though a lot of car restoration firms seem to have no trouble re-trimming carpets with finest Wilton, if you want.

AR use a moulded plastic backing with the carpet fibres sprayed/glued onto it, so it's moulded as a single piece. Aftermarket are more likely to cut panels to shape individually and stitch them together.

Anyway, yes.. carpets is a seats out job. You may also have to remove the gearlever surround and the sill plates.

Ralf S.
AO Member
County: -
Re: GTV carpet replacement

I had my carpet out a couple of weeks ago to try and get rid of oil in the rear footwell!

You need to remove the front seats, rear seat base, centre console. lower seat belt bolts, plastic sill covers, accelerator stroke limit, heel boards, hand brake lever cover. The manual also says to remove the rear side trim but the carpet will come out with some gentle coaxing.

Note there are some hidden screws in the centre console.

You will need some torx bits in several sizes and a philips screwdriver. I used a battery powered bit driver which made life a lot easier.

It took about 2 hours to remove it and a bit less to refit.

It is all in the manual in volume 2, 46/1. if you don't have the manual, let me know and I will send you the pages you need.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

carpet , gtv , replacement