Hiding snuggled up
under a cover!
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Re: Cup 76 on PH
Bit late arriving on this one, but here's my 2p worth:
1) Dash plaque can be left, centre or right. I guess it's down to the bloke with the tube of glue and where he felt like sticking it.
2) Boot badge - new lid/ respray, or maybe just a new logo attached in the wrong place. Thieving Scousers (no offence Happy man!!!)/ nice honest Romany folk may have robbed the original one Or it may have become manky in the way that only Alfa badges seem too (fading, peeling of the chrome effect coating etc.)
3) Y866PTF was a press car too, I think all the Y *** PTF's were press cars.
4) A good fake would be so much hassle it wouldn't be worth it - seats and roof lining are unique to the Cup, so unless you had access to a a deceased one and lifted the interior?
5) Cup will be stated on the V5. And if you're real paranoid a call to Alfa with the chassis number will prove one way or the other.
6) If Mango's did supply the car they will have details of it. They're really good at keeping records (helped me check mine was kosher).
Back into my box.....