spider rev hesitation - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 15-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
Hmmm spider rev hesitation

when my spider is running, i go to rev it and it hesitatesfor half a second, sometimes makes a slight pop sound and then revs up. also there is a constant slight lag going up the rev range. ive disconnected the maf and thats not it, was replaced a few months ago, and from looking at a few threads im thinking it could be air filter or timing out? belt was done 5000km ago. the K&N filter doesnt fit totlly properly in the air box, seems tosit ok now but would it be worth going back to stock filter? i just want to get her running perfect as she is up for sale
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Devon

Member car:

Alfa GTV 3.0 V6

Re: spider rev hesitation

Hi Matty

It could be the throttle sensor - I had the same symptoms on my 3.0 GTV which proved to be a loose connector in the passenger footwell.

If you search for delayed throttle response you will se many threads on this.
Basically the throttle works from a potentiometer & wires run to the throttle body. The offending connector in my case was found in the passenger footwell behind the carpeted section containing the passenger airbag isolator switch. If I remember correctly there are two connectors behind the carpet (held in place by two screws) if you start the engine disconnect the white ? connector then try to rev the engine you will not get any response - hence the correct connector. Have a look at the connecor for any corrosion - clean / spray with contact cleaner (maplins) or wd40 & put back together.
This fixed mine & at £400 for the potentiometer I hope it does yours as well

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

hesitation , rev , spider