Turbo lag - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 14-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

916 GTV

Turbo lag

Hey everyone,
Can somebody tell me how is the feeling of turbo lag? is it like a loss in power? Sometimes i can feel the power loss in 3rd gear about 4k rpm is that turbo lag? and how can a blow-off valve can cope with this turbo lag? As far as i know turbo lag occurs when you take off your foot from gas pedal and put it on again. My car sometimes feels like there is a maf problem,but after i take my foot from gas pedal slightly and put it back there there is no problem at all. By the way ive re-mapped the car with autodelta chips, 90 mm straight through exhaust from front to back and k&n air filter.Do you think that the car may need more fuel after all? The turbo is the standard one and makes 1.3 at peak and 1.0-1.1 constantly.Actually it was about 1.2 after fitting the exhaust but we dropped the boost from wastegate valve a bit because im driving this car for everyday and i dont want it to break down

Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Oxfordshire
Re: Turbo lag

Turbo lag is the delay between pressing the accelerator and power being delivered.

However many confuse this with boost threshold, which is the engine speed at which the turbo is able to produce meaningful boost.

If your boost is coming in higher up the rev range then it usually points to a sticking wastegate or a boost leak.

If you haven't already I would get the car put on a rolling road to check the fuelling too. If you have done other modifications then it is always a good idea.

If the engine is running lean at high boost then it won't be long before it goes bang. You cannot normally detect pinking from normal driving, but a rolling road session will detect it.

You will never be cool driving a Vauxhall.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

lag , turbo