Gtv Rims Wheels - Page 52 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 19Likes

AO Member

County: Troms
Garage
i just ordered some from parts world not sure if they are the newer ones or not.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2319479403...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
says: Alfa Romeo 916 GTV 1998 so im guessing its the right one. now i need to find a breaker who has the other side in phase 2
cgc likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Garage
wanted to update, installed phase 2 on phase 1. right hand side has no clearing issues but the left hand side does, it rubs only on right hand turns.
both are installed the same way with the same amount of screws, you cannot use all the same screws for the phase 1 on phase 2. only 3 screws work. 2 on the top and one custom one you have to redrill in the front. it still rubs on the very front like this picture, half a turn on the wheel and it rubs on the left hand side. the right hand side has lots of space left when its on full lock both ways, its very strange.

Last edited by WillieNillie; 29-12-16 at 12:26.
AO Silver Member

County: Staffordshire
Mmm those 18 cloverleaf are stunning I had see your pics on squadra your gtv is looking the business. Any more pics :-)

I fitted my lambo wheels and like the Ferrari style wheel like the cloverleafs and 17 inch ph3 for my rosso spider
Attachment 685849

What do you think of these??? I'm tempted to get for my spider to be a little different?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-18-Dare-...ATCHING_ACTIVE

Last edited by jonalfaspider; 20-11-16 at 13:16.

cgc
AO Silver Member

County: Monmouthshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieNillie View Post
wanted to update, installed phase 2 on phase 1. right hand side has no clearing issues but the left hand side does, it rubs only on right hand turns.
both are installed the same way with the same amount of screws, you cannot use all the same screws for the phase 1 on phase 2. only 3 screws work. 2 on the top and one custom one you have to redrill in the front. it still rubs on the very front like this picture, half a turn on the wheel and it rubs on the left hand side. the right hand side has lots of space left when its on full lock both ways, its very strange.
What is that massive bulging piece of plastic at the bottom that you are rubbing on, I'm sure that section is flat on mine.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
AO Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage

Member car:

GTV Phase 2 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasperhog View Post
Bought me some Zender Sienas! Love them
I have these on my V6 which is Proteo Red and thinking of getting the lip polished with gun metal centre. could be quite cool. such lovely wheels!
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonalfaspider View Post
Mmm those 18 cloverleaf are stunning I had see your pics on squadra your gtv is looking the business. Any more pics :-)

I fitted my lambo wheels and like the Ferrari style wheel like the cloverleafs and 17 inch ph3 for my rosso spider
Attachment 685849

What do you think of these??? I'm tempted to get for my spider to be a little different?

Those look nice, found ferrari copyed from this wheel for the 458 i believe. http://cuoresportivo.no/index.php?ac...ch=40511;image

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgc View Post
What is that massive bulging piece of plastic at the bottom that you are rubbing on, I'm sure that section is flat on mine.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
no, both arches measure 3cm on the thick plastic bit, both of them have it. all of them have it. its because the front screw is further away on one side then the other. so its forced further away. thats the only explanation that makes sense.

Last edited by WillieNillie; 26-08-16 at 19:11.
AO Silver Member

Wow yeah they look exactly the same except........the Ferrari's are 20inch lol!
AO Member

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1984 View Post
Quote:
Bought me some Zender Sienas! Love them
I have these on my V6 which is Proteo Red and thinking of getting the lip polished with gun metal centre. could be quite cool. such lovely wheels!

Got mine gunmetal all over with dark gunmetal on the backside of the rim.

Was afraid the polished lip would stand out to much if just the center was darker than original. So did the whole rim!

Would love to see your result
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1472240945630.jpg (62.3 KB, 63 views)
AO Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage

Member car:

GTV Phase 2 V6

Quote:
Got mine gunmetal all over with dark gunmetal on the backside of the rim.

Was afraid the polished lip would stand out to much if just the center was darker than original. So did the whole rim!

Would love to see your result
what a stunning car! love the lot! i dont have any spare budget at the moment for wheel refurb but will be posting lots when i do get them done
AO Member

County: Somerset

Member car:

GTV 916C1 24v V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonalfaspider View Post

I like the look of those, Ferrari 458 Spider style ! but at 70 a wheel they are going to be made of cheese
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

County: West Sussex
Quote:
That still looks different/thicker than my Ph2s. You can mount it slightly further forwrd in the bumper to give mor clearance.

Clive
cgc likes this.
AO Silver Member

I like the look of those, Ferrari 458 Spider style ! but at 70 a wheel they are going to be made of cheese

Jowey most places as selling them around 600 I would like 19s but can't find any in the gtv pcd. These are the cheapest I can find at 494 for the dare river r4 that's 124.50 a wheel, have you seen them cheaper at 70 a wheel? If so can I have the link please.

A lot of alfa wheels aren't made great, I had two sets of jetfins crack and even my 16 inch spider wheel buckled, I would take the risk at this sort of money :-). In the uk It's more the potholes that the wheels lol!
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Quote:
Those look nice, found ferrari copyed from this wheel for the 458 i believe. http://cuoresportivo.no/index.php?ac...ch=40511;image

no, both arches measure 3cm on the thick plastic bit, both of them have it. all of them have it. its because the front screw is further away on one side then the other. so its forced further away. thats the only explanation that makes sense.
.....all Ph1 inner arches, Ph2s are flatter.

Clive
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011_05040035.JPG (130.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 2011_05040034.JPG (129.3 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by CGTVs; 27-08-16 at 21:59. Reason: add pics
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGTVs View Post
.....all Ph1 inner arches, Ph2s are flatter.

Clive
Your probably right, it was said to me that it was a phase 2 arch but im guessing its not. will have to buy another one, if anybody has one for sale. near side front. PM me.
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Quote:
Your probably right, it was said to me that it was a phase 2 arch but im guessing its not. will have to buy another one, if anybody has one for sale. near side front. PM me.
Your Partsworld Ebay listing shows only the right front(from both sides), the 3rd picture is of a rear arch liner. Their part number is for the right front Ph2, they don't give one for the left side: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2319479403...583&rmvSB=true

Nathan at Cloverleaf has some for sale, see pics, but even he's got left & right confused/wrong: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Romeo...3D231947940302

Clive
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Inner arch liner nsf.jpg (135.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Inner arch liner osf.jpg (139.5 KB, 16 views)

www.cgtrading.co.uk
Tel: 01273 85 77 95
Mob: 079 73 39 39 74

Last edited by CGTVs; 28-08-16 at 21:53. Reason: add pics
AO Member

Garage
i bought the near side one from them, specifically asked for a 1998+ phase 2 near side arch, but guess they did not know the difference.

County: Bulgaria-
Hi Guys,

I know it is a long shot but still...I received as a gift 2x alloy wheels of an Alfa GTV 916 Spider, Enzo style 5x98, 17". So now I am trying to find two more to make it a full set as they are in perfect condition with new Pirelli P Zero tyres.
So if anyone has heard anything or is able to assist in any way, it will be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13606864_719471301540974_4395632462821772498_n.jpg (60.8 KB, 13 views)
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Your Partsworld Ebay listing shows only the right front(from both sides), the 3rd picture is of a rear arch liner. Their part number is for the right front Ph2, they don't give one for the left side: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2319479403...583&rmvSB=true

Nathan at Cloverleaf has some for sale, see pics, but even he's got left & right confused/wrong: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Romeo...3D231947940302

Clive
This is the one i bought from them. it does look like the brand new one and it measures the same on the front plastic part (3cm), also got confirmation email that he lined them all up and picked the one that looked like the brand new one. so i dont know.. i did the same exact installation and its just like the phase 1 liner on the left hand side. its like it does not have enough room at the very front.
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Quote:
This is the one i bought from them. it does look like the brand new one and it measures the same on the front plastic part (3cm), also got confirmation email that he lined them all up and picked the one that looked like the brand new one. so i dont know.. i did the same exact installation and its just like the phase 1 liner on the left hand side. its like it does not have enough room at the very front.
Sorry I don't quite understand!?

What part number is on your left inner arch please?

Edit: Ph1=60615312, Ph2=60658932

Clive

Last edited by CGTVs; 31-08-16 at 18:18. Reason: Add part numbers
AO Member

Garage
only found this

Last edited by WillieNillie; 29-12-16 at 12:26.
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

WillieNillie, the numbers from your photo are correct for a ns Ph2 inner arch, either Alfa/Eper has it wrong or who knows, hence some of the confusion perhaps?

Anyway, having just checked six V6 Ph2s in my warehouse they all have the same number on as yours: 60583633....left or near side inner arch.

BUT some of them have a rubberised foam spacer, approx 20mm thick, at the inner base of the bumper to keep the arch further forward & give clearance for the larger tyres. See pics below.

Not all of my cars have these but all have clearance, some of the inner arches seem to sit forward on their own, probably due to time/age, even without the 'spacer'. I also checked 5 spare front bumpers & only one had the spacers, it had the lower lip spoiler fitted so if original would've also had 17" Teledials from new as part of the 'Aero Pack' option. Maybe the factory fitted these foam spacers to cars that had the option 17" Teles & later they all had them fitted, I say that because a 2001 Ph2 CF3 Spider has the spacers & that's only on 16s.

Clive
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20160901-06527.jpg (87.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20160901-06518.jpg (52.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20160901-06512.jpg (65.7 KB, 13 views)
Jowey likes this.

Last edited by CGTVs; 01-09-16 at 17:08. Reason: add pics, add bold
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
WillieNillie, the numbers from your photo are correct for a ns Ph2 inner arch, either Alfa/Eper has it wrong or who knows, hence some of the confusion perhaps?

Anyway, having just checked six V6 Ph2s in my warehouse they all have the same number on as yours: 60583633....left or near side inner arch.

BUT some of them have a rubberised foam spacer, approx 20mm thick, at the inner base of the bumper to keep the arch further forward & give clearance for the larger tyres. See pics below.

Not all of my cars have these but all have clearance, some of the inner arches seem to sit forward on their own, probably due to time/age, even without the 'spacer'. I also checked 5 spare front bumpers & only one had the spacers, it had the lower lip spoiler fitted so if original would've also had 17" Teledials from new as part of the 'Aero Pack' option. Maybe the factory fitted these foam spacers to cars that had the option 17" Teles & later they all had them fitted, I say that because a 2001 Ph2 CF3 Spider has the spacers & that's only on 16s.

Clive
Yeah i guess there is nothing for me to do. so strange that the left hand wheel arch space is larger then the right hand side. the mounting point at the front is further away. I measured 37 cm from the hub to the plastic and 41 cm on the other side.
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Quote:
Yeah i guess there is nothing for me to do. so strange that the left hand wheel arch space is larger then the right hand side. the mounting point at the front is further away. I measured 37 cm from the hub to the plastic and 41 cm on the other side.
....apart from fitting a spacer, like in the pictures above?

Clive
AO Member

Garage
oh right, il give that a try when ive fitted the front bumper. im bumper less at the time.
AO Member

County: -
MAK Variante

Hi, I have some MAK (made in Italy!) Variante 18" rims that I'd like to either sell or trade against some 17" teledials. PM for more info. if you're interested. These will bolt right onto a V6 GTV. Silver in colour. Could do with reconditioning. Cheers!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
gtv , rims , wheels

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page