Gtv Rims Wheels - Page 50 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 19Likes

Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

County: West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Lusso View Post
Clive the measurements you request:
both rear from the middle of the center cap to the top of the wheel arch is 330mm.
Both front from the middle of the center cap to the top of the wheel arch is 335mm.
Tire size is 225/40/18.
Hope this is what you are looking for?
Fronts are more like 35mm lower & rears approx 40-45mm when compared to various set ups I've measured before. Trouble is no two cars seem to measure exactly the same, quite often/usually the driver's side measures approx 10mm less on the front & that's with new springs & shocks!!??

New std normally measure between 36-37 fronts & 37-38 rears.

I had 2 both with new std shocks & -30 springs, they measured fr/rr: 34/34 & 34/35.

2 with Koni Sport/Eibach -20s, fr only measurements, os/ns: 35/36 & 34.5/35.5.

Like I said no 2 cars seem to measure the same.

Clive

www.cgtrading.co.uk
Tel: 01273 85 77 95
Mob: 079 73 39 39 74

Last edited by CGTVs; 27-07-15 at 21:33. Reason: correction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Western Cape
All I know is the kit was Eibach -45mm all round and the shocks are Koni Sport Yellow Adjustables. I measured after the car was at rest for 2 hours. I am quite glad that the readings were so consistent. I also expected a difference from side to side, but nothing. I tried to bounce the car to "settle" it but it wouldn't budge! First time I tried that and first time I actually realise how hard the suspension is!
AO Member

County: Essex
Have you cut the rear bump stops down ?
Do yo get any tyre rubbing

AO Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudkey View Post
Have you cut the rear bump stops down ?
Do yo get any tyre rubbing
There is no way that I would cut the bumpr-stops down for any reason. And yes there is a bit of rubbing on the rear wheels only, coming from the area of the wheel arch where the bumper and fender meet. This is only when going too quickly through a dip in the road.
AO Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGTVs View Post
Fronts are more like 35mm lower & rears approx 40-45mm when compared to various set ups I've measured before. Trouble is no two cars seem to measure exactly the same, quite often/usually the driver's side measures approx 10mm less on the front & that's with new springs & shocks!!??

New std normally measure between 36-37 fronts & 37-38 rears.

I had 2 both with new std shocks & -30 springs, they measured fr/rr: 34/34 & 34/35.

2 with Koni Sport/Eibach -20s, fr only measurements, os/ns: 35/36 & 34.5/35.5.

Like I said no 2 cars seem to measure the same.

Clive
Clive I discovered something: i measured my ride height from the center of the wheel to the top of the wheel arch as requested. But the top of the wheel arch at the front is part of the bonnet. My bonnet is about 15mm proud of my front bumper. When I adjusted my bonnet lower the measurements are now 325mm each side. I actually measured the height to the wheel arch and not the wheel arch liner. Maybe this also puts perspective to your varying measurements?
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Quote:
Clive I discovered something: i measured my ride height from the center of the wheel to the top of the wheel arch as requested. But the top of the wheel arch at the front is part of the bonnet. My bonnet is about 15mm proud of my front bumper. When I adjusted my bonnet lower the measurements are now 325mm each side. I actually measured the height to the wheel arch and not the wheel arch liner. Maybe this also puts perspective to your varying measurements?
Yes how tight the bonnet is shut does make the front measurements vary slightly.

Can you measure outer edges of front 'lip spoiler' to ground please?

Clive
AO Gold Member

The black plastic lip? It's roughly 57mm each side.
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Quote:
One of my std GTV V6s has the same & measures approx 90mm. I'll measure another, which has new Koni Sports + new std spec fr springs, when I get it back, parked on rough ground waiting a new starter at the moment.

Clive
AO Member

County: -
Garage
Does anyone know what these wheels are (big pic)? I am primarily after some 17" Teledials but I saw these and quite like the look of them too. Anyone know if they are standard (or a factory option/upgrade) on the GTV/Spider and whether they clear the Brembo's OK?
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_j View Post
Does anyone know what these wheels are (big pic)? I am primarily after some 17" Teledials but I saw these and quite like the look of them too. Anyone know if they are standard (or a factory option/upgrade) on the GTV/Spider and whether they clear the Brembo's OK?
I think they're called Supersports, for a 147, & no they don't clear V6 fr calipers without spacers.

Clive
AO Silver Member

County: Bristol
I've got these on mine. They will rub on the rear springpan too. You need 10 mm spacers to correct the offset. I went for 15mm cos I had them anyway. I like them. Teledials are silly money and everyone s got them. I bought mine for 100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alfa side 2.jpg (123.6 KB, 38 views)
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
I think they're called Supersports, for a 147, & no they don't clear V6 fr calipers without spacers.

Clive
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdanny View Post
I've got these on mine. They will rub on the rear springpan too. You need 10 mm spacers to correct the offset. I went for 15mm cos I had them anyway. I like them. Teledials are silly money and everyone s got them. I bought mine for 100.

Thanks, both. A shame they need spacers (I'm not 100% convinced on these, safety-wise etc?) but I kind of expected as much. They do look nice on the car though!

I guess I'll keep my eyes peeled and see what comes up. If I do end up going down the route of using spacers then that obviously means a much wider choice of wheel entirely which is not necessarily a bad thing. Some great wheels on this thread
AO Gold Member

Quote:
Thanks, both. A shame they need spacers (I'm not 100% convinced on these, safety-wise etc?) but I kind of expected as much. They do look nice on the car though!

I guess I'll keep my eyes peeled and see what comes up. If I do end up going down the route of using spacers then that obviously means a much wider choice of wheel entirely which is not necessarily a bad thing. Some great wheels on this thread
Spacers are quite safe and effective when used correctly. In industry they are fitted everywhere, and called "shims" . You even have them on your suspesion whether you like it or not. On some cars they are an integral part of their suspensions.
AO Member

If you are going with spacers,go for Hubcentric spacers,they are expensive,in my opinion and experience these are the safest and a lot less hassle.
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Quote:
Quote:
One of my std GTV V6s has the same & measures approx 90mm. I'll measure another, which has new Koni Sports + new std spec fr springs, when I get it back, parked on rough ground waiting a new starter at the moment. Clive
Got the car back today & had a quick measure: ns 100mm, os 95mm approx.

Clive
Ian Lusso likes this.
AO Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles View Post
If you are going with spacers,go for Hubcentric spacers,they are expensive,in my opinion and experience these are the safest and a lot less hassle.
This is what I got for my car: 7mm hubcentric but they aren't bolt-on. I had them made out of aluminium at an engineering workshop in South Africa and they cost me R975 delivered to my house which would be less than 50 pounds. For all 4!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150817_161616.jpg (92.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 20150817_185654.jpg (76.0 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Ian Lusso; 19-08-15 at 13:00.
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Quote:
This is what I got for my car: 7mm hubcentric but they aren't bolt-on. I had them made out of aluminium at an engineering workshop in South Africa and they cost me R975 delivered to my house which would be less than 50 pounds. For all 4!
How does that work, as the hub's lip is 10mm thick/wide, they must be for aftermarket wheels with a larger centre bore to accomodate a recess of 10mm?

Clive
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

E82 125i

Quote:
How does that work, as the hub's lip is 10mm thick/wide, they must be for aftermarket wheels with a larger centre bore to accomodate a recess of 10mm?

Clive
yes, aftermarket only (you can get various factory produced versions of these off uk ebay)
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa GT

Quote:
As others have said, Supersports.
They were standard on the 147 Sportivo in Ireland, lots of them around here :P They look impressive on the 147, i never like them when i see them in photos. But they are far nicer in the flesh, as is the 147 for that matter.
AO Member

My spider got 18 inch wheels. ET35 + 15mm spacer. 225/40/18
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1448832534002.jpg (70.4 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg image_1448832550836.jpg (80.3 KB, 36 views)
Ian Lusso likes this.
AO Member

County: Noord Holland
18 inch 8c Spider/Giulietta wheels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151024_165035%202_zpsdfranrek.jpg (234.9 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 20151024_153730%202_zpsbn39j9ol.jpg (263.6 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 20151024_164511%202_zpsczwz9ce2.jpg (232.8 KB, 53 views)
AO Gold Member

Quote:

Clive
Clive, the original Alfa Romeo wheels have a smaller center bore than the aftermarket ones I fitted. The difference is stock spigot CB of 58.1mm against and aftermarket CB of 71.1mm so the lip I had machined was 6.5mm thick.
AO Member

Garage
Black wheels

Hi everyone. I have a set of black 5 spoke alloys on my GTV. Not sure what make they are. They were on it when I bought it a couple of months ago. The black looks good I think and suits the overall look of the car. I do wonder if there are any original Alfa alloys that I can get in a dark colour that would be more genuine. Cheers - Andy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GTV.jpg (153.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1153.jpg (69.7 KB, 34 views)
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Quote:

Clive
Quote:
Clive, the original Alfa Romeo wheels have a smaller center bore than the aftermarket ones I fitted. The difference is stock spigot CB of 58.1mm against and aftermarket CB of 71.1mm so the lip I had machined was 6.5mm thick.
That's what I thought, thanks.

Clive
Ian Lusso likes this.
AO Member

County: Devon
Garage
Spider teledials

There are some interesting wheels on this thread and some that look good on GTV look wrong on Spiders.
Call me traditional but.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (130.2 KB, 31 views)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
gtv , rims , wheels

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page