Gtv Rims Wheels - Page 30 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 19Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
David C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: London, England
Posts: 29,303
Speedo known to over read with 205/50R16 and to be close to spot-on with 225/45R17, so 215/45R17 will not be an issue.

As for 17" rims and Brembos, they will only clear if that 17" rim is from a Brembo'd car. Std 156/147 17" will not clear Brembo calipers.
David C is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: Smells of Eue De Autoglym
AO Gold Member
 
GTV Gav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ireland
County: Kildare
Posts: 6,736
Images: 8

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcevo1 View Post
just bought a set of 16 inch 3.0 24v teardrops for my gta - 55 for 4...! with clearance for the brembos 305's

paints lifting an dscratched but for winetr tyres so a bargain really!

shame i cant fit them as i havent got long enough wheel bolts!...

i think they are quite cool - lets start a trend to get them loved
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansolo View Post
I'm with you , i like my teardrop alloys , they are a bit scabby though .
Speaking of which
PistonHeads Headlines
GTV Gav is offline  
Status: profesional ledgend
AO Silver Member
 
bradpit999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 2,463
Images: 42
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaag View Post
Cheers for the opinions folks, but it really doesn't help:

17" teledials are rare as hens teeth and cost a fortune, I can't afford to spend 600 on wheels at the moment, hence why I was asking about the two options that were more within my price range.

If/when I get my new wheels, I'll be either keeping the teardrops as spare or giving them away because A. I won't need them and B. they're not worth much.
you may want to do what i am doing then, purchased a second car with the requred 17" teledials on it, swapped them to my car put on the donor car the teardrops and then sell on the donor car with the less desirable teardrops, if my loss is 100-400 this was the right thing to do, i am kinda hoping my loss will be minimal as its already been stated 17" teledials are seriously rare and go for a fortune
bradpit999 is online now  
 
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
David C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: London, England
Posts: 29,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaag View Post
Cheers for the opinions folks, but it really doesn't help:

17" teledials are rare as hens teeth and cost a fortune, I can't afford to spend 600 on wheels at the moment, hence why I was asking about the two options that were more within my price range.
They may be more within your price range, but any normal 156/147 wheel will set too far in on a GTV/Spider and will look very silly (as mentioned EVERY time this subject comes up). Buy the time you have added the cost of four 12-15mm hubcentric spacers and possibly longer bolts too (including locking bolts) it may not look like such a low cost option!
David C is online now  
Status: profesional ledgend
AO Silver Member
 
bradpit999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 2,463
Images: 42
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by David C View Post
They may be more within your price range, but any normal 156/147 wheel will set too far in on a GTV/Spider and will look very silly (as mentioned EVERY time this subject comes up). Buy the time you have added the cost of four 12-15mm hubcentric spacers and possibly longer bolts too (including locking bolts) it may not look like such a low cost option!
exactly what i found when trying to get some alfa 156 16" teledials to fit on my 3.0 gtv........................ its like crazy expensive and put me off
bradpit999 is online now  
Status: The doorhandle on my Toyota is boring
AO Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 798
On the whole speedo thing, I have been conditioned to accept that pretty much all cars over-read speed. In Australia this is because of a design rule which says it must be within 10% but pretty much also says if your car under-reads, you're screwed because people will sue for speeding fines. Pretty much every car I have driven I have come to accept at least 5% over-read. Therefore, you're gonna wanna stick right on the limit if you upgrade your wheels, or under, to avoid any overzealous cops. I come from a country where in one state you can get done for 3kmh over... not my state thankfully...
DAL32 is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
David C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: London, England
Posts: 29,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAL32 View Post
...Oh it is worth noting that if your GTV came with 16" wheels (205/50/16) tyres then the rolling diameter of the wheel will change when you put anything from a 147/156 on. You might not wanna speed at all with new wheels..
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAL32 View Post
On the whole speedo thing, I have been conditioned to accept that pretty much all cars over-read speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David C View Post
Speedo known to over read with 205/50R16 and to be close to spot-on with 225/45R17, so 215/45R17 will not be an issue.
As I said earlier, the speedo will be close to spot-on with 225/45R17 and over read with 205/50R16.
All the std 156 sizes are all smaller in diameter than 225/45R17 so, as I said earlier, will not be a problem.
David C is online now  
Status: The doorhandle on my Toyota is boring
AO Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 798
Still, you'd agree that you have extra leeway with stock 205/50/16. You have less leeway with the larger tyres.
DAL32 is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
David C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: London, England
Posts: 29,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAL32 View Post
Still, you'd agree that you have extra leeway with stock 205/50/16. You have less leeway with the larger tyres.
225/45R17 were a "stock" tyre size too and the speedo calibration won't have changed between the two. It just massively over reads with the smaller 205/50R16!!
David C is online now  
Status: growing dafter
AO Silver Member
 
marcevo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cheshire
Posts: 1,309
Images: 31
marcevo1 is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 30

Member car:

GTV V6 TB

Hi.Is there any photo of GT Blackline 18'' wheels on a GTV?
bathas is offline  
Status: wheeeeeeee!
AO Silver Member
 
Gaag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: North Lanarkshire
Posts: 1,450
Images: 13
sorry to rehash an old post with a probably even older question, but I can't find the answer exactly:

Can anyone please tell me the exact dimensions of the standard 16" teardrop alloys on a P2 GTV? Tyres are 205/50/16 but I'm looking for the offset and PCD. Think I know but not 100% sure.

Also, can anyone please tell me what (if any) Alfa 17"s would be a straight fit onto the above car?

Thanks
Gaag is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
deadmau5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I would rather not say
County: -
Posts: 167

Member car:

2001 GTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaag View Post
sorry to rehash an old post with a probably even older question, but I can't find the answer exactly:

Can anyone please tell me the exact dimensions of the standard 16" teardrop alloys on a P2 GTV? Tyres are 205/50/16 but I'm looking for the offset and PCD. Think I know but not 100% sure.

Also, can anyone please tell me what (if any) Alfa 17"s would be a straight fit onto the above car?

Thanks
PCD is 5x98. Im not sure on offset, but could be 35. Most 17" Alfa wheels will go on if they have these measurements, apart from the ones from the 159/Brera/MiTo/Giulietta etc - different PCD.

Alloys from the 147/156/GT will usually fit but you may need to use spacers as they may have a different offset.

You can get 5x100 wheels that will fit (which are more commonly available but usually aftermarket) and use adaptor bolts which is perfectly safe.
deadmau5 is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
David C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: London, England
Posts: 29,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmau5 View Post
PCD is 5x98. Im not sure on offset, but could be 35.
ET30.5 on a GTV/Spider.

GT and GTA are ET35

Normal 147/156 are ET41.5

As you will want a spacer with any non GTV wheels, 147/156 wheels are a better option than GT as you can use a good hubcentric spacer (minimum 12mm).
David C is online now  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Colo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spain
County: Alicante
Posts: 273
Images: 6

Member car:

GTV 3.0 V6 24v

Has anybody tried this rims on 17"? Is an old OZ model, Chrono.

I know they look awesome as you can see but I think those are 18" and Im not sure the 17"s will clear the Brembo calipers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OZ.jpg (23.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg alfa_romeo_gtv_2_0_v6_turbo__1994_GWW.jpg (24.8 KB, 30 views)
Colo is offline  
Status: The doorhandle on my Toyota is boring
AO Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 798
They also have the OZ Racing Crono HT as a new model..

http://www.ii.net/~nfrancis/wheelsforsale/3.jpg
DAL32 is offline  
Status: Alfa-less and lost.
AO Silver Member
 
fantom alfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: United Kingdom
County: Warwickshire
Posts: 1,108
Images: 6

Member car:

'01 GTV 3.0V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo View Post
Has anybody tried this rims on 17"? Is an old OZ model, Chrono.

I know they look awesome as you can see but I think those are 18" and Im not sure the 17"s will clear the Brembo calipers.
Davor's car in the picture did have 18" OZ Chrono, but I think you will be fine with 17" too and it should comfortably clear the calipers & discs. (Davor also had larger discs and custom 6 pot calipers if I recall and when he did this he changed to 19" Superleggera.)
fantom alfa is offline  
Status: Alfa-less and lost.
AO Silver Member
 
fantom alfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: United Kingdom
County: Warwickshire
Posts: 1,108
Images: 6

Member car:

'01 GTV 3.0V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by David C View Post
ET30.5 on a GTV/Spider.

GT and GTA are ET35

Normal 147/156 are ET41.5

As you will want a spacer with any non GTV wheels, 147/156 wheels are a better option than GT as you can use a good hubcentric spacer (minimum 12mm).
I know it has been covered (a lot!) but I'm still confused. If I fit wheels with ET35 from a GTA to my GTV V6 which needs ET30.5 then I need 5mm spacers to bring out the wheel positions front and rear. Are 5mm spacers available in hubcentric form? From where? What about the Alfa part that has been mentioned before - what size is this and what form? And if not possible in hubcentric what are the compromises with non hubcentric?
fantom alfa is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
David C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: London, England
Posts: 29,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom alfa View Post
I know it has been covered (a lot!) but I'm still confused. If I fit wheels with ET35 from a GTA to my GTV V6 which needs ET30.5 then I need 5mm spacers to bring out the wheel positions front and rear. Are 5mm spacers available in hubcentric form? From where? What about the Alfa part that has been mentioned before - what size is this and what form? And if not possible in hubcentric what are the compromises with non hubcentric?
Yes you would need 5mm spacers to bring the GTA wheels out to the normal GTV offset and no 5mm spacers will never be hubcentric... it shouldn't take you long to realize why!
David C is online now  
Status: F year git'n awvahsteer year goan ti farst
AO Silver Member
 
msgtv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Derbyshire
Posts: 2,077
Images: 12

Member car:

ALFA GTV 2.0 TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom alfa View Post
I know it has been covered (a lot!) but I'm still confused. If I fit wheels with ET35 from a GTA to my GTV V6 which needs ET30.5 then I need 5mm spacers to bring out the wheel positions front and rear. Are 5mm spacers available in hubcentric form? From where? What about the Alfa part that has been mentioned before - what size is this and what form? And if not possible in hubcentric what are the compromises with non hubcentric?
Your fine with 5mm non hubcentrics as the hub projects approx 5mm through the spacer, therefore its still a hubcentric set up, hope that makes more sense to the reader than it did to the writer! , basically its fine no compromise.
msgtv is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Colo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spain
County: Alicante
Posts: 273
Images: 6

Member car:

GTV 3.0 V6 24v

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom alfa View Post
Davor's car in the picture did have 18" OZ Chrono, but I think you will be fine with 17" too and it should comfortably clear the calipers & discs. (Davor also had larger discs and custom 6 pot calipers if I recall and when he did this he changed to 19" Superleggera.)
Then Im gonna get those as soon as I get the money. 11 years ago I worked in a restorer garage in Rome, next to the Tevere, and in one of the visits to the rim especialist I got two beautiful OZ Racing stickers that I kept well preserved at home. I promised myself that one day Id get an italian car, put OZs on her & put the sticker somewhere around the engine bay. I was 17 then but my dream is close to come true now. It took a while but that fact will only make me happier when I finally achieve it. And then... Ill have to aim for something better.... probably an Integrale!
Colo is offline  
Status: missing Inverurie
AO Gold Member
 
Pascs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Qatar
County: Aberdeenshire
Posts: 8,063
Images: 16

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom alfa View Post
I know it has been covered (a lot!) but I'm still confused. If I fit wheels with ET35 from a GTA to my GTV V6 which needs ET30.5 then I need 5mm spacers to bring out the wheel positions front and rear. Are 5mm spacers available in hubcentric form? From where? What about the Alfa part that has been mentioned before - what size is this and what form? And if not possible in hubcentric what are the compromises with non hubcentric?
The Alfa part is 4mm thick, they are a bit heavy though since they are not from light weight aluminium. Also if you use GTA wheels they require shorter bolts than GTV wheels, but you'd need bolts longer than GTA bolts if you fit spacers.
Pascs is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
seadart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Hampshire
Posts: 2,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazp View Post
i got these 17
if you ever suffer from a psychiatric disorder and decide to give them away..

can I have them..
seadart is offline  
Status: Alfa Number 8
AO Silver Member
 
Freds GTV 2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,679
Images: 50
My Wheels I got recently.

18" Ti Wheels same as a 159 / Brera 19 wheel but 18"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP1005.jpg (58.9 KB, 66 views)
Freds GTV 2001 is offline  
Status: Alfa-less and lost.
AO Silver Member
 
fantom alfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: United Kingdom
County: Warwickshire
Posts: 1,108
Images: 6

Member car:

'01 GTV 3.0V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by David C View Post
Yes you would need 5mm spacers to bring the GTA wheels out to the normal GTV offset and no 5mm spacers will never be hubcentric... it shouldn't take you long to realize why!
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgtv View Post
Your fine with 5mm non hubcentrics as the hub projects approx 5mm through the spacer, therefore its still a hubcentric set up, hope that makes more sense to the reader than it did to the writer! , basically its fine no compromise.
Cheers to you both for clarifying.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascs View Post
The Alfa part is 4mm thick, they are a bit heavy though since they are not from light weight aluminium. Also if you use GTA wheels they require shorter bolts than GTV wheels, but you'd need bolts longer than GTA bolts if you fit spacers.
So, if am I understanding correctly original GTV bolts should be fine then?
fantom alfa is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
gtv , rims , wheels

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
Replace with
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome