Gtv Rims Wheels - Page 20 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 19Likes

AO Silver Member

The people selling me the wheels have gone back on their word and not selling the wheels now saying the price is $2000 again. Very Angry atm.

Would advise people to stay away from them as their not a genuine seller.

Last edited by Freds GTV 2001; 14-01-10 at 09:18.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

Nooooooooooooooooo

wow you're not having much luck with wheels
AO Silver Member

County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

A Motorbike ;)

bar stewards.

AO Member

County: New South Wales
Garage

Member car:

2001 GTV 3.0 V6

AAAARGGGGH! that is really annoying., sorry to hear.
AO Silver Member

Ive had some time to cool off - but I was dealing with the husband and we did a deal for $1500 (750GBP) then the wife got involved and said no. I negotiated a price saying I could get the same wheels from EB Spares for new wheels with brand new tyres for $2300 (1150GBP) and the wifes response was well there not "orginal" wheels there aftermarket - sorry deal made with my husband is off i want $2000 (1000GBP) for the wheels now not $1500 (750GBP).

Well I went off on a Rant basically telling her off in not so many words - SOB. Who cares if EB Spares wheels are original or not id rather get their wheels and get brand new tyres for the same price of her second orginal wheels and second hand tyres for the same price !

Have also heard other people wasting time with them so my advice is stay away. Trying to leave Negative feedback on their ebay profile also.

Luckily I have found some other GTA wheels at "Alfamotive" wrecker and spoke to the guy yesterday so I'll give him a call today and see how I go.
AO Member

County: Monmouthshire

Member car:

GTV V6 Lusso

I don't know all the facts but if EB Spares wheels are replicas then they are obviously not as valuable as originals imo. Replica wheels tend to be of poorer quality than OEM items and also heavier, that's why they're cheaper than OEM.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

I cant see me trying to sell my genuine GTA wheels and Michelins for 1000GBP - thats actually more than I paid for them new in 2007
AO Silver Member

Well whats annoying is someone going back on their word. But whatever I am having a look at some more GTA wheels from a wrecker tomorow. Does anyone know how to tell original GTA Wheels from aftermarket GTA Wheels so I know what Im talking about when I see them?
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornetrider1 View Post
I don't know all the facts but if EB Spares wheels are replicas then they are obviously not as valuable as originals imo. Replica wheels tend to be of poorer quality than OEM items and also heavier, that's why they're cheaper than OEM.
Ever weigh an Alfa 17" wheel? They weigh a freaking tonne. My mate has the 17" supersports and they are 13kg a pop!!!
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

Mine have the following on the inside of the wheel 'spokes'

Speedline Alfa Romeo, 7 1/2J x 17 H2 C-35, 60876373 (I think)
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAL32 View Post
Ever weigh an Alfa 17" wheel? They weigh a freaking tonne. My mate has the 17" supersports and they are 13kg a pop!!!
The 17" GTA wheel weighs 10.5kg without tyre and about 20kg with 225/45 tyre
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascs View Post
Mine have the following on the inside of the wheel 'spokes'

Speedline Alfa Romeo, 7 1/2J x 17 H2 C-35, 60876373 (I think)
Thanks Pascs. I wonder how much an original and aftermarket GTA Wheel would weigh, what the difference would be.
AO Member

County: Greater London
I've been looking for some replacement Teardrop alloys (standard phase 2 16" alloys), anyone know where I could get them, been trying breakers but no luck. Too bad you are in another country Fred, or I'd buy yours off you once you got the GTAs. Good luck with your search I know how it feels.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

Same like these ones?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALFA-ROMEO-GTV...item2c4f463902

Have you tried Autolusso ?
AO Member

County: Greater London
That's the type, I've seen that ebay item but thought it was quite expensive for just the one.

I'll try Autolusso, thanks.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelo1110 View Post
I've been looking for some replacement Teardrop alloys (standard phase 2 16" alloys), anyone know where I could get them, been trying breakers but no luck. Too bad you are in another country Fred, or I'd buy yours off you once you got the GTAs. Good luck with your search I know how it feels.
I can send you mine I think its $300 or 150 GBP just for freight to UK so what ever we agree to on top of that I can send them to you no problem. There in perfect condition with brand new breidgestone turanza tyres on them
AO Silver Member

I finally found some GTA Wheels from Andrew at Alfamotive in Marickville. All wheels are in fine condition and there is a little curbing on one of the wheels. He has assured me in writing they are not buckled and said he tested them on a machine.

We agreed on $1200 (600GBP) They have near new Bridgestone Turanzas er300 on them but one tyre needs replacing as its fire damged. So Im thinking I will need to buy 2 new tyres that will be about $450 or 225GBP to keep the tyre wear even. ie put the older tyres on the back.

Or do people reckon I could get away with only 1 new tyre?

Anyway Ill pick up the wheels next weekend.
AO Member

Good to hear, cannot wait to see pics
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-AM 007 View Post
Good to hear, cannot wait to see pics
Hey James I saw your car there as well Andrew was taking it for a test drive and just came back. Looks very nice with the GTA Wheels ! Looks much better in real life than in the photos.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freds GTV 2001 View Post
Hey James I saw your car there as well Andrew was taking it for a test drive and just came back. Looks very nice with the GTA Wheels ! Looks much better in real life than in the photos.
haha did you, nice. Its getting a new fuel tank put in, also a standard exhaust put back on (when previous owner had it, had exhaust problem and replaced it with a custom exhaust which was very similar to the Alfa one just different materials), Andrew said the new exhaust is alot smoother now cannot wait to try it out.
AO Member

County: Norfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelo1110 View Post
I have a set of those taking up space in my garage. haven't looked at them for a couple of years. PM me if you want me to haul them out and maybe take some photos...
AO Silver Member

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....STRK:MESELX:IT

These are my teardrop wheels for sale in Australia if anyone is interested. PM me and we can do a deal.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
haha did you, nice. Its getting a new fuel tank put in, also a standard exhaust put back on (when previous owner had it, had exhaust problem and replaced it with a custom exhaust which was very similar to the Alfa one just different materials), Andrew said the new exhaust is alot smoother now cannot wait to try it out.
Would you recommend him for doing any mechanical work ? Have you had any trouble with him or anything ? Does he charge a reasonable price ? Im thinking of getting him to work on my car as the train station is right near by i can get a train to work as well.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freds GTV 2001 View Post
Would you recommend him for doing any mechanical work ? Have you had any trouble with him or anything ? Does he charge a reasonable price ? Im thinking of getting him to work on my car as the train station is right near by i can get a train to work as well.
I would highly recommend him for any mechanical work. Never had a problem with him before and he knows his stuff about all Alfas, also being an Alfa wrecker means he has parts on hand ready to throw into your car that is just as good as a new part only costing alot less.
Being next to the trainstation is a big advantage aswell. He also charges a reasonable rate aswell

Every Alfa that i will own, shall always be serviced by him.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
I would highly recommend him for any mechanical work. Never had a problem with him before and he knows his stuff about all Alfas, also being an Alfa wrecker means he has parts on hand ready to throw into your car that is just as good as a new part only costing alot less.
Being next to the trainstation is a big advantage aswell. He also charges a reasonable rate aswell

Every Alfa that i will own, shall always be serviced by him.
Oh great I might give him a go. Im getting all the bits and pieces put together for my GTA wheels to be picked up this Saturday. Did he install your brakes as well as he was talking about new ventilated disks.

Forgot to ask you was the car a little harder with the GTA wheels when you put them on? Did it improve the handling in any way ?

Last edited by Freds GTV 2001; 18-01-10 at 07:50.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
gtv , rims , wheels

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page