(yet another) What's it worth? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 20-09-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Surrey

Member car:

(yet another) What's it worth?

So, after several weeks and many viewings I'm still in the market for a half decent sub £2k TS. But there is hope. The neighbour (whose GTV made me start looking at Alfas again) says she might sell me hers. Details are:

2000 W reg
Dark metallic blue with dark grey leather
71,000 miles
MOT & TAX til February

She is the only owner from new but unfortunately doesn't have the service history (long story). She does, however, have a £1k bill from last Feb (for the MOT) showing 3 of 4 rear wishbones replaced as well as all belts.

Front and rear bumpers are scuffed and there is a little ding on the right rear quarter.

I haven't driven it yet or otherwise checked it out. We've talked around the £2300/2400 mark but haven't agreed a price as of yet.

What do you think?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Derbyshire
Re: (yet another) What's it worth?

i would say its worth less

but thats compared with mine

99 S plate p2. FSH 68k miles, cambelt done, bodywork good but a couple of scuffs which need sorting, a couple of mechanical issues ( Airbag light on, exhaust gasket needs sorting etc - all small bits)
and i paid £1400

it could end up costing me a lot more but most the stuff that needs doing is home repir stuff
Re: (yet another) What's it worth?

Rear suspension and belts already done are a big plus point for you but don't really add to the value IMO. For 2K plus you should be able to avoid one with obvious dings and scrapes. I'd have thought £1800-2000 if it is all good otherwise. If you get on with her, why don't you suggest that she puts it on Ebay or autotrader for a week at her price? Offer to pay the listing fee. If she gets no interest you can talk again.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider