Turbo for 3.0 24v ?? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Buenos Aires
Re: Turbo for 3.0 24v ??

Im new in the foro and I'm working on a project to Turbocharge my 164 V6 24V and here are the options:

a) Engine Management
I will need a really friendly engine management so I am puting a new engine management called Megasquirt II (Fuel Injection and Ignition) with MAP sensor.
b) Turbo will be a Garret GT3071R (Ball Bearing) to charge between 8 - 12PSI at the begining, Im looking to have pressure at low RPMs (2500RPM)
c) I will drop the compression ratio to 9:1 (may be 8.5:1) and put forget pistons (heads)

I have plans to spend 8K dollars here in Argentina and I have plans to reach 320-350HP and a lot of Torque

Today I'm puting the Megasquirt into the standar engine and as soon as I have it runing I will put the turbo (easy part), I can control anything with Megasquirt so it should be easy to add turbo as soon as Megasquirt will be working on my car.

I'm open to interchange information, I have a lot so if you want to contact me please send a private message.

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

24v , turbo