Help with my 97 alfa spider please!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 07-08-08 Thread Starter
Help with my 97 alfa spider please!!!

Hi fellow Alfa lovers! I have a 1997 alfa spider 2l with manual hood and cloth interior. I bought it 4 years ago with 37000 miles and initially encountered a few problems, probably due to its lack of use/standing in a garage unused and unloved! I initially had to change a drive shaft and re-bush the rear suspension with powerflex bushes. Aside from this the car has been faultless. It is used daily and I had a major service done at 44,000 miles which included cambelt and plugs changed (done at Alfatech luton). Since then it has happily chugged on to 92,000 miles with interim services carried out every 12,000 miles. I am now concerned about the cambelt since it is 48,000 miles and 3 years since it was last done. Also, I think the variator has gone because it is showing all the usual "diesel" sounds. Can any one advise me of a good independent dealer in the East of England and price I am likely to pay for a full service with cambelt/balance belts etc. and variator. I do not mind paying a bit more for a well respected garage. What about the Alfa shop in Norwich? Any input would be much appreciated. Many thanks. Matt.

Last edited by matt saunders; 07-08-08 at 12:04.
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 479
County: Norfolk
Re: Help with my 97 alfa spider please!!!

Hi Matt,
I've used the guys at Alfashop here in Norwich and found their service, flawless and very helpful. They are very competitive on price (In my opinion), give them a call for a quote.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

alfa , spider