window gap - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 31-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
window gap

i have been closin the drivers door and the window does not go into the door properly it sticks out and needs me to push it closed, same as when i get in and close the door the window is caught at the top and its like its open so i can hear trafic and rain comes in so i have to put window down and close again to close properly,
is there anythin i can do
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Hampshire
Re: window gap

This a common issue, if you have a search around the forum you'll find more about it also check this link:

How To... Fix Wind Noise Issues on GTV/Spiders

a quick fix is to wind the window down then back up .. it'll seat properly then but obviously revert back to sticking out next time you open the door!
AO Member

Member car:

I have exactly the same problem, had a flick through the 11+ pages in the workshop manual regarding window adjustment and didn't bother doing anything in the end despite already having the doorcard off!
AO Member

Member car:

GTV V6 phase 2

You could try just dropping the stops about a mil., whats supposed to happen is that as the door is closed it clears the seals, and then as it closes a little "up/down" device raises it 2mil to seat into the channel. The device works with a microswitch and isn't easy to get at. Its probably worth removing the door card and doing the stops first. I suggest shut the door with the window open, then raise it and adjust the stops to suit as a first step. It can be quite time consuming to get the window just right, I recently had to do mine after having a new side window fitted by an "expert", when he left the door was shut, as soon as I opened and closed it I had exactly the symptom you describe. I spent ages trying to adjust it, but eventually gave up and started from scratch with the glass out. I followed the instructions from the workshop manual which the expert had spurned, and hey presto! The window fitted perfectly first time, no gaps, no noise, without any further adjustment. Good luck.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gap , window