Keys!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 12-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Monmouthshire

Hi can anyone give me a firm answer as to how many keys I should have for my 2003 GTV.I have 3 at present Two identical with little plastic alfa discs both red.One same colour +size logo engraved.No remote buttons they are 2 circular disc type.Am I missing the master,did it ever have one?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Zuid Holland
Re: Keys!!!

Hi MattSax,

The two identical red keys with coloured alfa logo are the 'general' keys and will fit any lock on the car. These are the 'user' keys.

The red one, but with the logo engraved is the 'hotel' one; this only fits the doors and contact but not the glovebox or trunk/boot. Hence that's the key tou can give to the guy that parks your car at fancy restaurants or maybe your own appartment complex . With that key you can leave delicate stuff in your glovebox and boot without having to worry the parking-guy nosing around in there.

And the third type of key, yes originally you should have 3 types/4 keys total, is a brown/bordeaux more square shaped one. This key is the 'Master' and is used to cut new keys and also to re-learn the alfa-code into your GTV or new keys should that be necessary.

Dunno if link below works for non members (Dutch 916 forum), but here you can see all keys.

AO Member

Hi Martijn,

I just want to tell you that I have the same version as you and would like to share info. Most of the GTV on this forum are V6 3.0 or 2.0 TS.

Did you do any upgrades to your Alfa ?.

Best regards,

AO Member
County: Zuid Holland

Hi Bistand,

I've bought this car ~8 months ago, so i'm not yet fully into upgrades -yet- I'm getting to know that car more and more at the moment; I do everything on the car myself, accept the APK (MOT in Holland) 'cause I'm not allowed to do that

But the previous owners did a few mod's; the centre silencer is now a Ragazzon straight pipe, that's the silencer after the katalyser. A TB has only two silencers after the kat, compared to three with every other model GTV. Sound is now a very low rumble at idle, sound gets to normal levels when the turbo spools up (above 2500RPM) but you do get the growl when flooring the thing. Also a nice gurgle when you lift the trottle.
Second mod is an K&N replacement filter and third is an aftermarket blow-off valve (Forge) and last thing not 100% original are the wheels, 225/45 R17 with 20mm spacers at the back.

What I have in the pipeline to do is (very likely) upgrade the (two) ECU; Squadra tuning and that should yield +30bhp/+80nM. According to others that did the upgrade it mostly makes the car a bit better 'drivable' with less of a turbo-lag. Replacing the (original?) shocks with some Billstein ones and for upgrades that's it I think... .

So far I've just been busy with fixing the 'regular' things; exhaust manifold leaked (cost me 4 weeks to find it), adjusted the sunroof, replaced door card, improved on the audio, replaced spark plugs+leads and fixed a number of smaller things like knob light-bulbs ect. I'm now looking into a way to read the oil-temperature on the coolant gauge; with a small push button (the one that springs back) so you can see the oil-temp as long as you keep the button pressed.

In Holland there are a lot of TB's around and on the Forum here there is loads to be found. If you want to know anything, just give me message.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider