Re: Wheel nuts
I can't link to the post for some reason but Spider95 gave me this:
Oh dear PG, I don't think you're getting much help here, so I guess it must be one Spider coming to the help of the other...
Correct stud dimensions are:
1) Total bolt length head to foot: 54mm
2) Stud head diameter: 18mm.
3) Bolt length (not including head): 32mm
Pianting the bolt head surface is not a bad idea, couple of tips from me are:
1) take off bolts and sand down head surface until completely clean and shiny.
2) Use a silver metallic piant with strong properties such as Halfords metallic silver Brake Caliper spray paint. This is easy to apply, has a neutral matt effect, and is extremely durable due to its intended purpose on calipers.
The overall result I think is very good. The bolts look good without being OTT and so far after 6 months on the 156 and 4 months on the Spider there is no corrosion coming through. No doubt it will, but for the cost of the paint and little effort involved I think it's worthwhile.